Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-31-2020, 02:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Excited and nervous at the same time!

Hi all, I'm Allen and my wife is Kay!
We jumped in the deep end head first and hope we can swim! Sold the house, closed on 29th of May and drove across the state of Florida to Jonathan Dickinson State Park yesterday. Decompressing for 7 nights before we head north to Maryland to see Wife's family and my sister for a week. Then it's north to Maine sight seeing then Corona willing over to Niagara falls on the Canadian side is my grand baby I have not yet met. 1 1/2 years old and almost grown!
We are in a 2002 Winnebago Brave 32V and pray we make it 🙏! Bought it in September planning several short trips before the big leap then Corona hit and canceled all our trips but 1. So not much time in the RV to learn anything but here we are! I may be asking a lot of questions of you all. Probably some stupid questions too! Please have pitty on us!😁
Thanks in advance for your help and understanding!
Allen n Kay
ankrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 02:38 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Safe travels, enjoy family!
theSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 04:07 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Good idea to set up and rest a bit but try not to stress on too many things. One big idea is that whatever you find doesn't work---probably does if we can just find the right way! And over time, things begin to make more sense. As you light off the furnace, listen to what you hear as it does things different than at home. At home the fire lights and heats before the blower comes on but in RV it is just the opposite, The blower comes on immediately so make sure gas can't build up if the fire doesn't start. Just small stuff that WILL make you scratch your head a bit. No big thing if the weather is reasonable and you can often just ask the guy next door and they may have the answer right away.
Best of luck, be safe, and enjoy!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 04:30 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Welcome to a new set of friends! We all started from where you're at today - questions always welcome ... Safe, and enjoyable, travels!