Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-20-2020, 09:52 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Do I upgrade

Hi Everyone. I am looking for some advice from people that live and love their RVs. Last year my wife and I bought a 1999 Winnebago Adventurer 30 ft with a workhorse chassis with current milage at 60,000 miles. We are the 3rd owners. It also came with a 2008 Saturn Vue with 63,000 miles and the blue ox hook-ups. We paid $23,000 for everything. We travel around Michigan and to Cedar Point. We usually do not go further than 4 hours from our house and spend long weekends and about 2.5 weeks of vacations at state parks. This summer we spent $4500 on repairs, new parking brake, tires, and some front end work. Current issues: Small Coolant leak, that we have not tried the leak seal on yet, and quite a bit of delamination on the sides mostly where the hot water take exhaust is and the shower area(which we don't currently use). Everything else if fine and it drives great. I have reasearched new/used 30 foot rigs and they are around $65,000 to get into something worth upgrading to. My biggest problems are:1. Pride and wanting to get a newer one 2. how serious is the coolant leak 3. What is going to "break" next 4. Is the delamination going to come and get me. I have inspected the roof many times and can't find anything currently wrong and assume the delamination occured and then the source was fixed.

Any thoughts from people with more experience is greatly appreciated. Thanks Matt
matt0829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 07:12 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I travel but do not live in my RV so my advice is worth what you pay for it....

You don't mention much about the coolant leak. Do you have any ideas? It could be a bad hose or clamp, a leaky heater core or line or it could be a head gasket. That kinda changes things for me I guess. That said your set up sounds nice to me. If you maintain it and treat it easy you could have years ahead of you. Even better when you factor in that its paid for. They depreciate so fast.

IMO if everything is in good working order (I have no experience with delamination) I'd be happy with what I got. Stick with the devil you know I guess. Things are always going to break.
MinntoMich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade