Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2020, 07:24 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Aspect 30J 2015 clearance ligts are not working

Hello My name is Rob Im new to the Winnebago community. I have a 2015 aspect 30J and it failed inspection due to the clearence lights not working and also the side marker light on the driver side is not working also. A little history I did noting this during the summer of 2019 that the clearance light when working were very dim? From time to time they were not working and than the next time I checked they were on but very dim.
I found the common ground connection on the back drivers side of the frame and ohmed it out and both sets of ground have continuity.
Has anyone else had this issue and what was your fix?
Thanks
GoAspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 11:27 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Rob, it sounds like an intermittent ground. Were you able to follow the wiring from lamp back? Grounds can be frustrating to find. I haven't had the problem on my Aspect but did on my truck. After several hours, I took it to my mechanic and paid him the $200 to find and fix it. I'm not aware of this being a problem on the Aspects, but you might try going over to the Aspect site and ask those guys. They have some "old timers" that are pretty sharp! https://aspectcambriarvforum.forumotion.com

Al
Old 01-11-2020, 03:32 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

You might consider popping the covers off the lights and pull the bulbs, checking for dirt or corrosion. I once had a single clearance light that failed to work and while checking the bulb I noticed both bulb and fixture electrical connections were slightly corroded. Cleaned both with electrical contact cleaner and a touch with a Dremel wire brush, re-assembled everything, and it worked as advertised.

Next time I need to do that I'll go an extra step to prevent future corrosion by using a little di-electric grease during the re-assembly.

It may be unlikely that ALL of your clearance lights would have corrosion problems, but since your rig is a several years old, its a possibility.