Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2020, 07:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Arizona camping

Hi. We are in our late 50's early 60's and would really like to find some other people who camp and also have a side by side to do some riding and exploring. We are retired, but really don't have any friends or anyone who doesn't still work or has a camper or a "play vehicle" We live in Southern Arizona, and would just love to find someone who would like to camp/explore around the state.
deblohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 10:05 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. This is a good place to find others with similar interests. Best wishes to you in retirement and in Camping and exploring.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 12:03 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you.
Old 09-13-2020, 03:43 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Hi. We are also based in southern AZ - southwestern Cochise County between Sierra Vista and Bisbee. Where are you located in southern AZ? If you would like to continue the conversation in a less public forum, email me at simmer61081atgmaildotcom
KT in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 05:15 PM   #5

Rocky Point Should Be On Your "To-Do" List When Traveling In Arizona!

There are a lot of RVers in Rocky Point!

I use to vacation in the Baja 30 years ago, but always felt apprehensive about driving an RV into Mexico; and I thought everywhere I would want to go in Mexico would be too deep in to the country for me to venture there alone.

I also checked with the several travel clubs, but thought they were too expensive for what they delivered. However, I might consider going that route if I wanted to meet people, and for security, should I ever decide to drive a few thousand miles into Mexico, but at that point I think I would rather fly to a resort vs. camp in my RV. Fuel in Mexico is not cheap anymore!

Then another RV owner recommended I visit The Reef RV Park in Rocky Point/Puerto Penasco, Mexico because it was only 1.5 hours south of the Arizona (Lukeville, AZ) border crossing... and not to just have a great vacation, but also to get some RV body & paint work done.

So I thought I would give it a go, and it turned out to be one of the best decisions I ever made! ...And not only did I visit for the first time in June-2020... I came back in September-2020 for some more R&R and some more RV maintenance.

If you want more information on how to travel from Why, AZ to Puerto Penasco, you just need visit the website links I posted below, and if you need other RV services, while you camp in your RV, you can score on that too in The Reef RV Park!

Plus you will like working with everyone at The Reef RV Park. This includes gas and diesel engine repair, RV systems, carpet cleaning, day/night shade cleaning, wash/wax, and RV roof maintenance, which is what I had done this week.

Rocky Point is also a very popular tourist destination and a favorite of local Arizonians. However, most of these tourists stay in modern condos. And the slow season is mid-June to mid-October; and then the Snowbirds flock in and fill the park!

Rates are $26/night and on the beach you will pay $50/night.
Plus there are 2 great restaurants next to The Reef RV Park!

Click on these websites for more information:

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ew-358003.html

and...

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ce-358625.html

...So when you meet someone who would like to do something different and fun, I highly recommend you go to Rocky Point. Or come alone and meet people here!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rocky Point Map.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	174989   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wrecked_At_The_Reef[1].jpg
Views:	57
Size:	402.5 KB
ID:	174991  

imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 07:37 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

hello again

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT in AZ View Post
Hi. We are also based in southern AZ - southwestern Cochise County between Sierra Vista and Bisbee. Where are you located in southern AZ? If you would like to continue the conversation in a less public forum, email me at simmer61081atgmaildotcom
Thank you for responding! I sent you an email.

Tags
camping