Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2018, 09:17 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Another newbie with 2401rg

I just bought our 2017 2401rg and am excited to get her up to speed. We are upgrading from an Arctic Fox (Ardie) 22H. We absolutely loved him and we’re going to keep Ardie and rent him out, but we ran into some trouble on Labor Day.😬. I got cutoff by a passing car that caused me to brake and serve, which started a quick chain of events. Fortunately no one was hurt and I was able to manage to get the rig under control without anyone hitting us and vice versa. But the trailer wasn’t happy being tossed around. After a month of fixing one thing after another this week I just noticed a warp in the floor! The warp is pushing my dinette into the wall of the trailer. So, I final threw in the towel and filed an insurance claim. I fear that I may have broke Ardie back.

On to happier subject: we bought Minie this last week. She is fairly basic except for 1500 BTU A/C. On Ardie he had a 12v TV, but Minnie’s is 110v. So I am looking into maybe needing an inverter for TV and minor other electronics while boondocking. The biggest problem I see is how far the battery is from the power panel. This adds a lot of heavy gauge wiring, if I were to install an inverter in the kitchen. So I’m thinking instead to mount the inverter to the front of the trailer, either in pass-through. Has anyone done this? Is it too hot there to do this? I’m thinking about a 1500 to 2000 inverter.

I’ll be moving my fairy new deep cycle battery bank to her from Ardie, as well as my Solar controller and my 30# tanks.

Also, in the bedroom we have a place above the bed for a TV. Has anyone mounted one there? Any pics of it? I’d like to put a 22” 12v there, but the only power run to there is 110v. On a similar thought, it would be nice to have a mount for the bedroom tv, that could be moved outside for the outside TV wall option.

Shakedown will be this weekend at local lake.
Duane652000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 10:48 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Hello and welcome! Sorry to hear about "Ardie", but congrats on the new Winnie. I'd suggest creating new posts in the appropriate sections of the forum for your questions, since this intro section doesn't get as much traffic. Here's the Travel Trailer section... Winnebago Travel Trailers - Winnebago Owners Online Community And you might place battery/electrical questions here... Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics - Winnebago Owners Online Community
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags