Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2021, 07:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Advice - considering a 2019 Adventurer 36Z

I am new to this forum, and considering buy my first motorhome. At the moment, I am considering a 2019 Adventurer 36Z. I really don’t know much about them, but I like the floor plan. I have heard that the newer models, are not the same quality they used to be. I am hoping to get educated here, so I can make the right purchase the first time. Any suggestions, history, advice, comments will be appreciated. Any input from current owners of this floorplan would be most beneficial.
Thank you
09 Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 08:32 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Just as a general idea, I find it worthwhile to both pay a bit less for a unit which has been out and about for a few years as well as the idea that many of the new unit kinks have been worked out by previous owners!

I like them with 15-20,000 miles of breakin!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:42 PM   #3
Site Team

Hi 09 Ultra,
The 36Z is the largest Adventurer that you can purchase. It would have the same engine and transmission as my Minnie Winnie 22M, and that powertrain combination is robust. I agree that you want to buy what works best for you the first time.
I often hear folks give their reasons for their first-ever purchase, and it seems so often that it is the floor plan which drives the decision. I would like to recommend that before you purchase, go ahead and rent from a company like Cruise America first. My wife and I rented all four sizes before we decided upon what we wanted. Additionally, you can also answer another fundamental question, with that being "do you enjoy motorhome-style vacations?" It is a big purchase to make, and the floorplan should be balanced with other questions, such as:
How much time will you spend in the motorhome?
How long will you stay at one particular campsite?
Do you wish to use the motorhome as a second vehicle for day trips?
Do you want to tow something with the motorhome?
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
P.S. Cruise America now has five different models from which to rent (no longer just four.)
Old 09-14-2021, 07:09 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

We have kind of lost track of how many Rv we have had as we started a long time back and with things that other people did not want! We were actually given the first trailer when I was in the air force---if we would just tow it away! A real prize, you understand?
But it was a real joy for a pair with no money but a fair amount of time to work on things.
But I also had friends who did work on things and we got into DIY so far that we started buying junkers as a way to turn some of that time into money!

As we went along we found that we wanted to set priorities as we got more money and had more choice. As we got kids and life changed we also found what we wanted changed, too, and that made the priorities change!

No kids, grandkids too busy to go, we now want a good place to set and a good place to sleep. That means what we like is totally different than 10-20 years ago, so we each need to look at what fits best at that time and not worry what fits better later as things change too fast and for reasons we can't even guess at very well.

We are currently getting totally out of the Rv for a while as we are expecting to become full time caregivers for long term Covid son and his wife. We kind of always thought it would be the other way around but life has surprises.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:40 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I own an Itasca Suncruiser 37F, which has a very simular floor plan. (Itasca is also a Winnabago brand). We love it .We've owned 2 pick-up campers, 3 pull behind trailers, 3 5th wheels, a Class C motorhome and 2 Class A motorhomes. The Suncruiser is by far the best. We've learned a lot along the way. It is very difficult to figure out what will work for you when you have no experience. When we purchased the Suncruiser, we parked the old and new Class A's door to door and took 2 days to transfer all the stuff we had accumulated and then still couldn't figure out where we had put things.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:23 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

We have had a 5th wheel for the last 4 years, and have decided to move to a MH. I appreciate the input I have received so far. I am considering an older, unit as well, possibly better quality at a reasonable price. I understand there are some places that won’t accept an RV over 10 years old, so trying to weigh that as well.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:33 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Most RV resorts that have a ten year restriction will allow RVs of any age, if they have a reasonable appearance. In general, full paint RVS maintain a new appearance for a much longer time than gel coat fiberglass RVs. My 9 year old Itasca 37F passes for a 2-3 year old unit.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:13 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

That is good information. More reason to perhaps consider an older higher quality unit.
Old 12-08-2021, 06:47 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Adventurer 36Z

We are looking to buy a motorhome (first for us). We have looked at quite a few floor plans, and like the layout of the 36Z. I am interested in any feedback, from owners of this model. Good, bad, suggestions, problems, are you happy with it, would you do it again. Interested in hearing good and bad, especially if there is any reason to avoid this model.
Thanks for the help
Jerry
Old 12-09-2021, 06:54 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

I own an Itasca 37F. It is on the same chasis and appears to be the mirror image of the 36Z floorplan. (Large slide on drivers side). Love it !! Have owned several 5th wheel trailers, another class A and a class C. Best move we ever made. No unusual problems.
Old 12-10-2021, 06:02 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 Ultra View Post
We are looking to buy a motorhome (first for us).
We have merged your two threads asking the same question. I also expanded your one word title to add more specifics.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-10-2021, 10:07 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

The Adventurer line is Winnebago's top of the line gasser. Better quality. I have a new 2019 Adventurer 35F and have had very few complaints.
eaglelen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, vent, adventurer