Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-13-2021, 06:57 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

‘94 warrior beach rig

Hey everyone! I just picked up a 25-foot ‘94 Warrior for me and my wife and our 2 little girls. It was setup by the previous owner for beach camping on cape cod, and my family plans on keeping that going, as well as camping in non-beach settings. I am new all this stuff and I appreciate any help from those who know. Thanks!
Kyled413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 07:51 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Standard "best advise" for those new to RV?
Watch the batteries and get to know what it takes to avoid letting them go bad!

That sounds so simple and obvious but it IS one of the most frequent problems we hear about here, so really give it some thought if not familiar as it can save you having to spend several hundred dollars and messing up a weekend as we don't use an RV as we do the car and that makes watching a number of things very important.

It's a big subject with lots of small points that are often missed.
Some of those points to watch:
There are "parasitic drains on both start and coach batteries which drain them --even when we have the battery disconnect switch off.
Keeping the RV plugged into power and letting the converter do the charging only takes care of the coach, not the start battery!
Letting the batteries go flat will often ruin or damage them, so try to avoid it?

With all that gloom and doom out of the way, welcome to the forum and do come back for any questions. The only thing keeping forums going and interesting is the questions!! And RV always have lots of interesting questions as the whole deal is different than most of us have done before. Just swapping RVs can lead to all kinds of new questions!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 03:01 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the reply! Yeah I’m trying to wrap my head around the electrical system in this thing, both the ac and dc, and I hadn’t given much thought to the batteries other than “keep em charged”.. thanks again for giving me something to think about!
Kyled413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 04:28 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

If you have conventional, flooded lead acid batteries, keeping them topped off with distilled water is important. I've found that a Flow-Rite battery watering system makes this much less messy and I'm more likely to keep them topped off. To use it you connect the hand pump, stick the free end of its hose in a jug of distilled water and pump until the bulb is firm. Easy Peasy. They're available in a number of configurations, one 12V battery, two 12V batteries, two 6V batteries, etc. The pump is sold separately and is essential:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=flow-rite...f=nb_sb_noss_2

https://www.amazon.com/Flow-Rite-RV2...01FC79EW&psc=1
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:24 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

So with all that thinking and wondering about things, info is always a good place to start.
The owners manual is a god place to start to see if you know what it SHOULD do but it is lacking in the details we need to figure out what is wrong if it doesn't work so some other online info from Winnebago helps:

Parts catalog is a place to start on how to get the covers off and where they hid things:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

Plumbing is always a good thing to know about when it comes time to store it for winter:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...m/Plumbing.htm

And then the always famous electrical:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm

Even if a guy has never looked at an electrical drawing, you can spot things like breakers or fuses and that gives more info to ask better questions on the forum!!

The Warrior is a great place to start as it doesn't have many of the goofy complex things to confuse the newer person that might be found in later, bigger issues!
Enjoy!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote