Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2020, 11:36 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

87 Elandan-its a hot mess!!

I think I joined the IRV2 when we first got this monster but then found this offspring for Winnies.

A couple of years ago we bought a very dilapidated 87 Elandan. After we got it home and started to take it apart we realized that it was in worse shape that we thought. We managed to get some wainscoting up on the wall and ceiling and fixed the bedroom floor and then it sat for a little over a year.

We've gotten a second wind and have been out recently to dig at it some more and I'm pretty sure it was in standing water at some point as I can see water lines on the moldings and lots of rot. We will have to do some rebuilding of the dinette and at least one of the underneath compartments as it is completely rotted out.

I have uploaded some pictures of it into an album from when we first brought it home. I am hoping we can get some help here with the many questions I'm sure we will have. Someone did some modifications and moved the battery's from the original housing, we put them back were they belong. There is some kind of modification with gauges next to the drivers seat and also some toggle switches and a bunch of wires next to the entrance door. We think someone modified the airbag/levelers to be able to operate them from the door. Were not sure if they work yet.

Got the generator to start today but can't get it to run, so I am searching for what others have discovered to hopefully get ours figured out.

I look forward to all your knowledge. Thanks for having me.

Sabrina
SabrinaSN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
elandan