Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-28-2021, 03:38 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2427rb black tank flush, other questions

Hi,
Newbie questions..
We purchased the 2427rb 2021 4 weeks ago, awesome floor plan but there is no manual… what are these connections looking like water related?

Black tank flush - where is it, where do I find it?
We have the solar power and the battery never goes above 3 quarter charge. It does not matter if I connect electrical off house, turn everything off.. it still never goes to full. Is this normal?
The propane hose, 1 of them just broke off, looks like it just come apart.

I wish there was some kind of manual. There is a switch for electric water heater and lp water heater. Do I light a pilot flame?
SonkSonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 06:28 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

No lighting a pilot needed. Make sure the water heater is full of water before turning it on. Battery should go to 100% full eventually, so check the voltage manually or possibly look at the voltage reported by the solar controller to see the actual state of your batteries. Maybe you have a bad monitor or a bad display (one light doesn’t work).

As I said before with your other thread, Bullyan RV has walk-around videos for this model that may help you. I think the black tank flush is in the back corner next to the electrical plug. The fresh tank fill is on the curb side over the axles. The city water connection is inside the front storage bay on the street side. There is also a spray port there for your quick-connect spray hose. That’s what i think based on the videos and it seems sensible and consistent with other products. I don't have any direct experience with your model, so please simply confirm by testing.
Old 06-28-2021, 10:20 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you. I watch the videos but he never reference the outside lines.
Yesterday, I just happened to be walking around front and the noise, got the smell, propane hose just come right out of the crimp.
I appreciate your help, very much so. I did find a manual but even the manual has nothing pertaining to this flush.
SonkSonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 10:39 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

No problem. I’m very glad you discovered the propane leak. That’s pretty scary.
Old 06-28-2021, 10:43 AM   #5
Site Team

Just so you know... it was your dealer's responsibility to show you all of these water connections and how to run everything else on your TT. It is called a PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) and you should know to make them do the PDI. As part of the PDI you insure that every thing works as intended before you pay for and take delivery of your TT.

It's very common for Travel Trailers to come with very little documentation. That's a shame, but it is common across all brands. Mostly all you get is a plastic bag with dozens of factory manuals and installation booklets. If there is a booklet, it contains only the basic safety related content.

If you're dealer is nearby you could take your RV back and DEMAND that they do a full walk around with you to instruct you in the operation of everything outside and inside your Travel Trailer. And if they refuse I would report them to Winnebago.
Old 06-28-2021, 10:50 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonkSonk View Post
We have the solar power and the battery never goes above 3 quarter charge. It does not matter if I connect electrical off house, turn everything off.. it still never goes to full. Is this normal?
Most likely, you are not reaching full charge. It should be fully charged at some point. But perhaps you are leaving the battery disconnect turned on and using power behind the scenes and not just items you turn off inside the RV. These are called "parasitic loads." Things like your CO2 sensor, radio clock, etc.

If you have a multi-meter check the voltage coming out of the solar panel, the voltage coming out of the solar charge controller and the voltage of the battery when fully resting (disconnect for a few hours).

Without knowing these things you can't be sure what's happening. It could be something wrong with your electrical system. But most likely it sounds like perhaps you haven't learned all the things you need to do to store the RV without running down the battery.

If you don't know how to do all these things you could have it checked out under warranty. Just keep in mind that dealer service centers are super busy in the summer "camping season." Especially, since there is a boom in RV sales. It could take months to get an appointment.

Perhaps if you do get back to the dealer to have a belated PDI you could have them explain the entire process of disconnecting the battery with the rotary cutoff. (If you have one, not all TT do.)

Tags
black tank, tank