Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2021, 11:23 AM   #1

2021 Voyage V2831RB

Hello! This is our third RV after a used Rexhall Aerbus class A (didn't like not being able to easily travel once at the destination) and a new Lance 1985 travel trailer (great trailer that we outgrew). We like the feature set and floorplan of the V2831RB and look forward to our many adventures down the road.

I appreciate the forum and the wealth of information and experience you all contribute. Having owned the trailer for a week I am concerned about the build quality. Please refer to the photos that I sent to the dealer (https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...u2?usp=sharing), though I suspect I will never hear from them. Is this build quality typical in your experience and if not, how upset should I be and what should I do about it?
clunetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 01:53 PM   #2
Site Team

Sawdust and dirt, sure. The other things? No not really.

You may not have realized it when you bought your trailer, but your job when you went to pick up the RV was to find all of these issues and then refuse to take delivery until the dealer corrected the problems.

You dealer probably breathed a sigh of relief when you didn't call him on these issues. He was probably sure you'd walk away and not take delivery. IF your dealer even bothered to look at the RV he was selling at all.

What can you do about it now? You can make an appointment with the dealer's service dept with your long list of issues and have all of these thing's corrected under warranty. The other thing you can do is call Winnebago Customer Service and tell them of the problems and send the photos to the representative you speak to.

It's a shame that this is how some dealers operate and that final quality control is left entirely up to the initial buyer. But especially now with RVs flying off the production lines and out of dealer's inventory this is happening even more than usual.

Tags
voyage