Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-06-2021, 05:25 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2020 Minnie Winnie 22M

Hello everyone. I just bought this lightly used 22M a couple of days ago and now I have a lot to learn. I am going to start reading manuals but I would appreciate any advice from similar owners on specific things I should be aware of. Looking forward to getting familiar with everything and exploring. Thank you!
Jacqueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 06:04 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We have a 2018 22M and love it. One tip is to use a separate fitted sheet on each of the 2 mattress sections. It makes setup and making bed much easier. You can double wrap the smaller head section and safety pin the foot section on underside. Or, cut and resew them to custom fit.
blifsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 09:08 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

That is a great tip! It's actually the only thing I don't like too much that you can't leave the bed made but that would definitely make it easier. I'm also happy to hear that you love your unit. I think it has one of the best floor plans out there for a 22'. Thank you!!
Old 02-06-2021, 09:36 AM   #4
Site Team

Hi Jacqueline,
I still absolutely love our 22M, and it is the perfect motorhome for us. If you visit my Eagle5 Member Page, then click:
  • <Statistics>
  • <Find all threads started by Eagle5>
you will find that many of the threads are specific discussions regarding the 22M.
Welcome to the Forum.
Eagle5
Old 02-07-2021, 05:23 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Hello Eagle5,
I love to hear that you still love your 22m. I look forward to hopefully many years with mine and learning everything about it. I will definitely go in your page and read the threads. Thank you so much for the help!
Old 02-08-2021, 11:49 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

To pull slide in, we fold the covers back over foot mattress section with fold right at the spit of 2 sections, flip the head section on top of that, and place pillows on top of that. To flip the head section, you have to kind of tweak/twist it by the window valences. After a few goes, it is really easy.

We've had 5 to 7 night trips where we break camp everyday to drive/sightsee in the MH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
That is a great tip! It's actually the only thing I don't like too much that you can't leave the bed made but that would definitely make it easier. I'm also happy to hear that you love your unit. I think it has one of the best floor plans out there for a 22'. Thank you!!
Old 02-09-2021, 05:21 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for the tip. I did notice you have to be careful with the window shade. I'm really looking forward to use it for at least one night next week for the first time and practice using all the systems, if I can find a campground! It's going to be interesting and exciting for sure!
Old 02-09-2021, 10:13 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Enjoy! You can always hit a Walmart
Old 02-11-2021, 05:33 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Hello blifsey! I'm sure you'll know the answer to this. I bought a 20' rhino extreme sewer hose and when I went to put it inside the bumper for storage it would only go about 4 feet. I'm guessing there's a screw that goes from the bumper to the RV that is preventing it to go all the way so I had to put it in a garbage bag instead but was hoping to just leave it in there instead. Maybe the attachments that come with that hose are too big also. Just trying to figure some things out before going to a campground. Thank you!
Old 02-11-2021, 11:37 AM   #10
Site Team

Hi Jacqueline,
I just use a Rubbermaid Storage Bin with lid. I keep my two 10' sewer hoses in there, plus my transparent hook-up elbow, plus my black water flushing hose. As the lower storage does indeed ventilate to the inside of the motorhome, it is important to keep the stinky-slinky storage bin sealed with a cover. I don't store my Camco Sidewinder 20 Ft Sewer Hose Support in the bin, as it pretty much stays clean.
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 02-11-2021, 01:21 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Yep...a very common issue with the MW bumpers and bolts interfering. I've changed to the Blueline Presto-fit https://www.prestofit.com/BluelineRVSanitation.html . The ends attachments come off and are store in a small container in the electric cord area. Without ends on the hoses, I can get 2 10ft hoses in the bumper.

Another option is to install a hose carrier underneath the RV or on the bumper. Some folks also use large PVC pipe or plastic fence posts.
https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Sewer-Ho...gaAj3NEALw_wcB
Old 02-12-2021, 04:46 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Thank you all for your replies. I guess it's what I had suspected. Maybe a compost toilet in the future might be easier!! I've heard they really work well.
Old 02-13-2021, 11:07 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2020 22M and prior to taking delivery, read of others having problems getting their sewer hose into the bumper. At first I struggle to get our 10 foot sewer hose in, but found by inserting the end opposite the end that connects to the motorhome, I was able to gently finesse it in. I also bought a second 10 foot hose as a backup and was able to similarly insert it on the opposite end of the bumper. Not sure if our success has to do with it being a 2020, or due to the particular sewer hose we are using (Valterra D04-0113 purchased on Amazon). Again, it’s important that you insert the end opposite of the end that would connect to the motorhome first.
tesscr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 11:46 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Regarding making up the side-out bed, we are able to bring the side out and completely make up the bed in less than five minutes. Our bed setup includes 2” memory foam that is wrapped in a mattress topper. We then lay the memory foam/mattress topper combo directly on top of the mattress. We then make up the rest of the bed using a short-queen fitted sheet, followed by a top sheet, a blanket, and finally, a down comforter if it’s cold.

In order to retract the side out for travel, we first remove the comforter, blanket, and top sheet and put them in the cab overhead. We then simply fold one mattress on top of the other, leaving the memory foam, mattress topper, and fitted sheet still attached to the mattress. We then simply retract the side out.

Once we reach our next destination, we simply retract the side out, unfold the folded mattress/memory foam/mattress topper/fitted-sheet combination, and finished making up the bed by putting on the top sheet, blanket, and comforter.

It may sound complicated based on the description, but it’s actually quite easy. Also, the bed is incredibly comfortable with the memory foam and mattress topper; so much so, I called our “five star hotel bed”.
tesscr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:23 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

2020 Minnie Winnie 22M

Thank you for that idea. Mine is also a 2020 and I bought 2 10' hoses so I will definitely try that. I really would like to keep in the bumper if I could away from everything else.
Old 02-29-2024, 12:05 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

22M rear mattress

Has any one used a hinged mattress for the 22M. Is there a reason that a 40 Upper/35 Lower inch mattress split could not be used? Would this result in blocking the storage access under the rear mattress? Would the slide out still function?
R.Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 09:13 PM   #17
Site Team

Greetings R.Yates,
The platform where one lays his head is ¾" lower than the portion for the feet, so a split mattress would need to accommodate that difference in thickness. No matter which mattress you have, you will always be able to extend the slide-out, and access the under-bunk storage.
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5