Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2018, 09:13 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2015 27rbds owner, New to RVing

Hi all,
We just purchased a used 2015 27RBDS and are looking forward to exploring during our races. Any and all links to important information, tips, recommendations, etc are highly appreciated to help get me up to speed

Looking forward to being a member of the community,

Yeti
Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:56 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Hey Yeti, in same boat is you. Just bought the exact same year and model 3 weeks ago. Haven't used it yet, still in the learn and get set up phase.

I'm about to post a question but maybe you've come across this? The previous owners of our camper apparently thought it was a good idea to drill holes all over the walls and cabnets. I can only imagine it was to hang pictures and stuff. So I've got a good 20 holes to patch, paste or something but need to know what color will go best with the wood we have in our camper.

Got off the phone with Winnebago and they were absolutely worthless in even caring to help.

So, did you have any spots that needed touched up or hear how to match it?
Fasttimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 03:54 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Hey Fasttimes,
Congrats on your new sled.

I haven't gotten that far, yet.
I always focus on function, first.
My first step is battery upgrade (single 12v to dual 6V) along with a new battery box and quick power disconnect. Oh, and a bottle of rum. And maybe a 6 pack or 4.

You may be able to pull a door and see how closely you can match that. You may end up having a two step patch and match job to get it done to your liking.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:07 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Yeti, have you been on your roof yet? I just got on mine today for the first time. Do you have a small am/fm antenna on yours? I have an empty small stainless mount that seems to be missing something. I do have the large TV antenna that you crank up, but ahead of that is a small stainless steel ball mount missing some type of antenna.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:36 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

I haven't yet but I do see the standard "car" antenna. I'll get up there, today and take a picture
Old 02-05-2018, 07:55 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Yeti, is this what you are asking about?

sd75mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:35 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Yes, it is. As you can see mine mount is there but no antenna. Dealer is out of state and say they will send me one if I want but thing is the FM radio seems to be working find without it. Not sure if it's reading off of the base or not. I'm assuming that is what this is, FM/AM radio?