Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Welcome Mat
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-18-2019, 08:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2000 Journey with New Owners & Plenty of Questions

Hi, I'm Ken and she's Tez. We've come into possession of a 20 year old Winne Journey. We are beginning a new chapter in our lives with RV-ing full-time. With this vehicle we are taking our first steps and finding that with the joys comes the occasional pitfalls. This big beast needs attention from bow to stern. She's been neglected far too much and she's showing signs of her age, but she also refuses to show it. The Cummins pusher jogs up hills and the air suspension is still smooth as silk. She is starved for attention and we are doing right by giving her the attention she was built for.
We hope to find many answers to our dilemmas and hope we have ways of helping others. I have always been very apt mechanically and I'm a good problem solver. With the help of my Tez, (who is a researching master) I am usually able to create solutions to our motor home difficulties. Thanks for reading and perhaps we'll see each other on the road or this super-highway, as well.
thefinchnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 07:08 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Welcome to the forum. The Journey is an old unit that is very easy to modernize. We have flat screen TVs, Blue Ray, and satellite. We've also pulled the old carpet and installed a wood like floor.
It's a good stable platform to expand on.

BTW, we have had to repair extensive corrosion problems underneath. Get under there and check things out. The last experience was the fuel tank straps let go dropping the tank to the highway. Check those for sure.

All this stuff can be repaired if you find it in time.
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey