Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2019, 07:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

1st RV in TN

Just purchased our first RV- 2018Micro Minnie. Will take it out for first time in October( once the 100degree heat index has passed!). Will have lots of questions, no doubt. Looking forward to making some Winnie friends
Tankersm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 10:21 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome.

You might want to try one or two weekend trips to identify and workout any bugs. By bugs I mean things that you don’t understand fully AND things missing, broken or problematic with your new RV.

If you can you’ll probably have a better experience for your first real camping trip.

I think you’ll find most experienced RVers try to do this as close to the day they pickup their new RV as possible. Selling dealers have very short memories.
Old 09-08-2019, 07:06 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

1st RV in TN

Great advice Creativepart! Our first planned outing is going to be 1.5 hours from home.
We are trying to figure out how /if we can use our little Coleman camping stove and put it to the gas "quick connect" on outside of our camper - so far, cannot find anything on line about that. I think the pressure in the propane line on camper is too low for the little Coleman stove. But cannot locate any adapters that would make it possible, so not sure what type of "outdoor grill" would connect to outside of the Micro Minnie - any thoughts on that point?
Old 09-08-2019, 07:34 AM   #4
Site Team

Does your Coleman run on those small green propane canisters?

If so it would require removing the regulator on the stove, and buying an adapter and special hose. These are generally available online. Search by stove model number.

The most popular stove is probably the Weber Q series. But still it’s not standard to hook it up that way. But adapter kits are available.

When we owned a TT we bought a Camco 5500 grill it mounts to the side of the TT and works standard with the low pressure connection. Here’s another such grill :
https://www.campingworld.com/low-pre...ack-95643.html

We have the Weber grill and rather than be tethered to the side of our RV we purchased a 1 gal propane tank and short hose. The one gal tank lasts a long time and is simple to have refilled. This way we avoid using those green canisters but, don’t have to remove the regulator from the grill. We usually put the grill on the picnic table to use it.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:39 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

I highly recommend a close campground, carry a notepad and pen for notes.

I never take off the cookware, glasses etc. I only remove my clothes. I do wash the dishes and cookware at the site on the first night.

Experience has taught me, I will forget to pack something so I leave as much as I can on.

Hope this helps
Larry- Tenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 01:03 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks everyone!
Old 09-18-2019, 10:58 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

New Old Minnie Winnie 1st time RVers

We purchased a 1987 426RB recently and just love it. Not without some maintenance and general repairs but she was in good enough shape to drive 167 miles back to home without incident. The roof looks to be galvanized metal and had some leaks but we will readdress the older repairs this winter. The previous owner had camping world install a wonderful self leveling system and had paid $5,000 so in reality, we got our money back with this feature. Also he threw in all the camping gear and bedding! We can't wait to take our first maiden voyage once we get her spiffed up.
WeWinn is offline   Reply With Quote