Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2005, 11:58 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Well - we did it. Our Horizon 40AD with lots and lots of options is on order today from Lazydays.

I was prepared to go to war at any point in the ordering/sales process due to my unhappy experiences with buying cars over a 30 year period, but I have to tell you it was almost a pleasant event.

There were no suprises; no "oh by the way there is this 750$ charge everybody pays" for latrine maintenance or whatever. I got my 25% off the list price as agreed to by the salesman weeks ago. Everything was very low key and there was absolutely pressure at any point in the deal. I don't impress easily - I have to say I was impressed today. Hopefully the rest of the buying experience will go as well as it did today.

We were in a 40AD after we inked the deal taking measurements and thinking where our stuff will fit when it started to rain. It rained hard and the noise level in the coach was quite loud. It brought back pleasant memories of being in our sailboat with it raining and us laying securly on our anchor while we are curled up with a good book. Quite nice!

We are expecting an early to mid-May delivery. We have an appointment on March 28 for a factory tour - there is a possibility we might be able to see our coach on the line!

John

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 11:58 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Well - we did it. Our Horizon 40AD with lots and lots of options is on order today from Lazydays.

I was prepared to go to war at any point in the ordering/sales process due to my unhappy experiences with buying cars over a 30 year period, but I have to tell you it was almost a pleasant event.

There were no suprises; no "oh by the way there is this 750$ charge everybody pays" for latrine maintenance or whatever. I got my 25% off the list price as agreed to by the salesman weeks ago. Everything was very low key and there was absolutely pressure at any point in the deal. I don't impress easily - I have to say I was impressed today. Hopefully the rest of the buying experience will go as well as it did today.

We were in a 40AD after we inked the deal taking measurements and thinking where our stuff will fit when it started to rain. It rained hard and the noise level in the coach was quite loud. It brought back pleasant memories of being in our sailboat with it raining and us laying securly on our anchor while we are curled up with a good book. Quite nice!

We are expecting an early to mid-May delivery. We have an appointment on March 28 for a factory tour - there is a possibility we might be able to see our coach on the line!

John

Old 03-14-2005, 12:09 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Congrats John.

03 Horizon 39QD
Rick Buddrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 12:47 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Congrats and good luck with the new coach. We are looking for a new one also and wouild like to stay witrh winnebago but we cant find the 4 slide floor plan we saw in the Monaco knight. I want to stay with basement air but the Knight doenst have it. so I guess we keep looking.
Living the Dream------ Largo, Fl.
Newmar 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 04:35 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Congrats John
The anticipation is going to drive you crazy, hope you do not have to many sleepless nights thinking of all the things you have planned for it already. ---"007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 05:51 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Congrats John, I'm sure you'll enjoy your new coach. Now the hard parts comes - waiting for it to get here. You'll find that time has a way of slowing down to a crawl over the next 2 months.

Enjoy.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 03:14 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Congratulations, John. Of all the people on the forum who have asked questions and bought new coaches you have been the most thorough.
As Cruzer stated time will stand still for the next two months and then the fun starts. After having a sailboat you know enough not to run out and buy a lot of "stuff".
I am glad your experience at Lazydays was pleasant and hope that your after market experiences will be too! Good Luck, Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 05:06 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

John, Congratulations on ordering your new unit, yes sometimes you encounter some dealers or associates who are more professional than others, I'am glad you had a good experience. Enjoy! Ed. S
Old 03-15-2005, 06:01 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Congrats John!!!

By the way, I like your Web Cam/Web site. Please leave the camera on when your taking out those oak trees in the way. I like to watch other people work. (That was me moving your webcam today)
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 10:46 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Mark - "Tempus Fugit" (time flies) at an exponentional rate as we get older until one orders a new coach . It will now be like when I was five years old and waiting on Christmas.

Donavon - I think I will take out some trees tomorrow. Be sure and stop by on the webcam . I will be getting a truck load of clay/shell (that's what we use here in Florida for dirt roads) dumped back there in a couple of weeks in what will be the coach manuvering area.

When we get the house sold, the webcam will be moving to the coach. We will be having a Datastorm (2-way satellite for the Internet) installed at Lazydays's Rally Park right after we take delivery of the coach. The uplink speeds will be too slow (way too slow) for full motion video so the best I will be able to do on the road (actually when we are stopped - Datastorm is NOT in-motion) will be a still picture uploaded every minute or two to the web site. I have this actually working now here.

That picture now is a jpg capture of where ever the camera was last left at the still pix upload time. When we start to travel (about early spring 2006), we hope the shots will be interesting.

Thanks to everybody for the best wishes! You can't even imagine how much help you all have been on the forum in helping us make a huge and important decision! It kind of feels like family here now

John (and soon-to-be copilot Jane)
PS: DW will will be driving the coach! She is not intimidated...

Old 03-19-2005, 03:46 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

John, waiting is the hardest part. Your DW will not have any problems driving. Just take her to an empty church or school parking lot and take turns driving and backing. Take along a pair of FSR (walkie-talkies) and take turns driving and the other out. Take along some jugs or boxes to use as markers for practie turnsand backing to see where the wheels track.

My DW has driven every rig we have owned. The current rig is 53' long on the road and no problems.

Have fun getting ready to hit the road.

Ken