Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2006, 02:26 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

We're getting ready for a short winter trip and I was checking things in the coach. The bedroom TV was flopping around loose in the opening so I decided to fix that (tried to tighten the bracket before but it didn't hold). So, I decided I needed to remove the TV to get a better look at the bracket. No problem....I put the little 19" TV on the bed and decided on 'improvements' to the poorly designed set up to secure it.

While I went back to my shop for a few tools, that dang TV rolled off the bed, hit the wall and crashed to the floor! It pretty much did it in. Well, duh, don't I feel like an idiot!

I've replaced it with a 20" LCD, much lighter and better, but more expensive, for sure. DW says I did this on purpose to get a fancy TV...

Now I just need to figure out how to secure the LCD in the opening without dropping it on the floor!!!
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 02:26 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

We're getting ready for a short winter trip and I was checking things in the coach. The bedroom TV was flopping around loose in the opening so I decided to fix that (tried to tighten the bracket before but it didn't hold). So, I decided I needed to remove the TV to get a better look at the bracket. No problem....I put the little 19" TV on the bed and decided on 'improvements' to the poorly designed set up to secure it.

While I went back to my shop for a few tools, that dang TV rolled off the bed, hit the wall and crashed to the floor! It pretty much did it in. Well, duh, don't I feel like an idiot!

I've replaced it with a 20" LCD, much lighter and better, but more expensive, for sure. DW says I did this on purpose to get a fancy TV...

Now I just need to figure out how to secure the LCD in the opening without dropping it on the floor!!!
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:48 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Sorry bout the old TV. Congratulations on the new one.
Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed and we all have them...Maybe you have had your day for a couple of months...Jim
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:11 AM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

Hey Ranger, if we ever meet your wife we won't tell her about all the pics of LCD's and all the discussions that we've all had....

Here's some pictures....

Sorry for the loss of your albatross tv,but even the wife will be much happier once she figures it out....
My bedroom flat...

John Canfield's flat screen install pics
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 05:31 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I got a sweet mount on e-bay.It is a peerless articulating mount.I tried to find the link with no luck.I got a couple 15" lcd tv's from homedepot for under $200 each.The mount was $55.00 and can be moved in a ton of positions then folds flat against wall when not in use.I plan on installing one of them on my future class A to the side of the inside tv cabinet then a simple bunjee setup for traveling.Also the screw on the pivot arms can be tightened to prevent movement.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 05:55 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for the idea. How close to the edge of the bed did you have put the tv without being obvious?
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:24 AM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

And I thought my wife was slick when she wanted a new Tahoe and she said "well you did get a new motor home!!"

Old 02-05-2006, 09:20 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Well, the TV was about one foot from the edge...that was about right to do the job...
Old 02-17-2006, 03:59 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by smlranger:
While I went back to my shop for a few tools, that dang TV rolled off the bed, hit the wall and crashed to the floor! It pretty much did it in. Well, duh, don't I feel like an idiot! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Very sneaky Gary.. "but dear the thing just fell and broke..." Hmmm... I wonder how I can get my living room TV to "fall" out of its mounting. Still dreaming about that 32" LCD!

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 05:05 AM   #10
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John_Canfield:
Hmmm... I wonder how I can get my living room TV to "fall" out of its mounting. Still dreaming about that 32" LCD! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A little "visual" for your dreaming pleasure...
Old 02-19-2006, 05:42 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Rebel,

Is that LCD in your Coach?

Winnie is finally using Large LCD in front!

2004 Horizon 40AD
BucknJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 08:23 AM   #12
Administrator Emeritus

Jeff,the 27' behomoth is standard in the 40KD overhead,I chose the 32" option at a little over a $100 an inch...($3346 extra)
Old 02-19-2006, 10:46 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

I think the bedroom upgrade we are going to do for the flat panel TV won't even cost that much!

But, I would have paid for it if it was an option!!!!!!

Cheers!!

2004 Horizon 40AD
BucknJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:50 AM   #14
Administrator Emeritus

20" BR flat was standard....nice cabinet to right of this now...
Old 02-19-2006, 12:43 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

To; Rebelsbeach;

Just read tour posting re; Upgrade TV's.

I too, want to upgrade. As soon as it gtes warmer, I want to take the 27" tv out up front, do some cabinet trimming to make it's cabinet more shallow,??, will take some work, and fit the largest flat panel that will fit without being a danger to those coming and going. I think a 32 or 36 will fit. I'll be more comfortable eliminating the weight of the tv.

The rig now has the monitor panel over the door and the cd magazine and amp over driver,

If you had to do cabinet work to install newer tv , let me know about problems encountered. I probably would be wise to go to the company in Elkhart, Indiana, that specializes in this type of alteration, but ??? $$$, .

Let me know if you did any of this..

Thanks====== AJBJRVERS=== AIME
Old 02-19-2006, 02:05 PM   #16
Administrator Emeritus

AJ,my new tv's came from the factory that way,I didn't have to do a "John Canfield" on my coach...

There's been a lot of talk on this subject and for the flat screen bedroom "mod",you can even view pics of John's work on his web site
After the page opens,simply click on the "rv" link...John's the premier source,in my opinion, for modifications to Winne coaches....GREAT pics!!