Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2007, 02:44 PM   #1

Hello everyone;

Since Gary the Wombat posted the idea of a locking gas cap, I've been trying to find one for the Workhorse chassis. I went to my local NAPA store but not luck. Came home and dug around the Workhorse website and found a .pdf document that can be downloaded for no charge called the Chassis Guide. (135 pages)

On page 54 I found this: 'Workhorse provides a fuel filler neck and non-locking gas cap to the body manufacturers. An optional locking style gas cap is also available. If your vehicle was not equipped with the locking style it can be ordered, Workhorse part no. 22660005.'

Hope this helps; I'm certainly going to order one...
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 02:44 PM   #2

Hello everyone;

Since Gary the Wombat posted the idea of a locking gas cap, I've been trying to find one for the Workhorse chassis. I went to my local NAPA store but not luck. Came home and dug around the Workhorse website and found a .pdf document that can be downloaded for no charge called the Chassis Guide. (135 pages)

On page 54 I found this: 'Workhorse provides a fuel filler neck and non-locking gas cap to the body manufacturers. An optional locking style gas cap is also available. If your vehicle was not equipped with the locking style it can be ordered, Workhorse part no. 22660005.'

Hope this helps; I'm certainly going to order one...
Old 02-24-2007, 03:11 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I got a fuel door lock from Lichtsinn Motors. PART NUMBER 130005-01-702, PRICE IS 12.65
KEY PART NUMBER 129676-02-000, PRICE IS 1.90/KEY.

David Straw
Lichtsinn Motors
www.lichtsinn.com
[email protected]

'04 Itasca Suncruiser 38G, W22 Upgrade Kit, Henderson Trac Bar, Davis TruTrac, Steer Safe
Hamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:17 PM   #4

That sounds good too; maybe a locking fuel door and a locking fuel cap to help protect that $225 sitting in the tank.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:05 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for tracking that down Richard.

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:40 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gary the Wombat:
Thanks for tracking that down Richard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ouch! I called my local Workhorse dealer today; price is $55.32, including sales tax. Anyone come up with a better price? I was expecting something in the $25 price range...

Locking Gas Cap / Workhorse Chassis
OEM part #22660005
Workhorse part#W0005862
Old 02-26-2007, 08:51 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

What about us Sightseer owners with a Ford Chassis?

JD & Kathy
JD Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:03 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JD Allen:
What about us Sightseer owners with a Ford Chassis? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

On another 'Gas Cap' thread, I think it listed the Ford Locking Gas Cap at around $22...
Old 02-26-2007, 10:13 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richard 34.5A:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JD Allen:

On another 'Gas Cap' thread, I think it listed the Ford Locking Gas Cap at around $22... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! I thought you would blow me off by saying I should have have bought a Workhorse Chassis.

JD & Kathy
JD Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:38 AM   #10

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richard 34.5A:

On another 'Gas Cap' thread, I think it listed the Ford Locking Gas Cap at around $22... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! I thought you would blow me off by saying I should have have bought a Workhorse Chassis. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, no way, I wouldn't do that! I like Ford too; I had a 1995 Flair on a Ford chassis, a 460 V8 engine and a 4-speed automatic. We had great luck with it... I'm sure the newer Triton V10 is really nice too.