Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2008, 12:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I currently have my coach insured with Good Sam/GMAC. I got a quote from Farmers & City Insurance using Allied insurance as the carrier. I have been happy with GMAC but the quote from Farmers is quite a bit lower. I am wondering if anyone has had experience with Farmers/Allied in terms of claims etc.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I currently have my coach insured with Good Sam/GMAC. I got a quote from Farmers & City Insurance using Allied insurance as the carrier. I have been happy with GMAC but the quote from Farmers is quite a bit lower. I am wondering if anyone has had experience with Farmers/Allied in terms of claims etc.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Mine is from Farm&City, but underwritten by National Interstate. One claim to replace passenger window assembly & several claims to fix windshield chips. All handled very well.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:53 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Jcous;

I can't answer your question. We have had Progressive Insurance for several years and have been very happy with the price and service. I keep getting offers to quote in the mail but nobody as yet had anything better.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:25 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Mine is also with Farm & City by National Interstate. Had work done at Forest City and had to pay the bill myself in order to leave when the work was done. Winnebago would not release coach until check was received from insurance. Was promised I would receive money in just a few days but it was almost 2 weeks before I got a check in the mail. If it takes that long every time, I would have been in Forest City for that long after the work was completed just so Winnebago could get reimbursed for the work. Guess they don't trust the insurance companies so customer has to take up the slack. Never had this happen with any other insurance company I've used.
Wagonmaster
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:02 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I also have Progressive for my RV. This year I got a quote from Good Sams (GMAC). They were $200 higher on the RV but I saved $500 on my car. I switched the car over to GMAC and stayed with Progressive on the RV.
Don G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:24 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

I had some work done by a Fleetwood authorized repair station that was OK'd by Winnebago upfront. Fleetwood would not accept payment from Winnebago, I had to pay for it and Winnebago paid me. Go figure.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:35 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

When we got our 03 Advantage we researched various insurance options. I ended up with Farm & City who placed the coverage with Progressive. We had some problems with Progressive last year when we changed addresses,but finally got it resolved. The only claim activity we've had was for a windshield and I wanted my dealer to do the work. There was some problems with a timely response from Progressive and Duncan Systems on paying the dealer, but that was resolved and I think Progressive has their act together now on that type of claim.

Farm and City is a reputable firm and will offer you the best price they can find. I've worked with their agent several times to resolve problems and they've been very responsive.

Robb & Sue Steinheider
Duncan the Dalmation
03 Ultimate Advantage
02 Saturn L100 Toad
robbstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:54 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

I'm not sure what has changed at Winnebago. I had our passenger side window assembly replaced during the GNR in 2005, all I paid was my $250 deductible. Winnebago did not make me pay for the insurance portion.