Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2008, 05:30 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Sure the Winnebago CEO is Bullish, what else would he say. I got a sample of executive bullishness back in 1985 working for a major oil company when an Executive Vice President made a speech to the employees in February of that year stating everything was great and there wouldn't be any layoffs. Two months later in April an internal-company bulletin was passed around stating that each department must cut the number of employees by 10%, either by attrition or layoffs. So either the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, or higher ups tell the public what they think the public wants to hear. Just take it all with a grain of salt.
Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:28 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Homer:
It seems to me all of these RV manufacturers could improve the bottom line simply by doing it right the first time. So much money is spent correcting mistakes or omissions on the initial run. If they have a supplier that is problem repeater, get rid of him, as in "Atwood". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Homer, I am all in with you on your remarks. My new Destination, Winnebago's Crown new coach has been in the shop just a few days short of a month, and every vendor that placed a part in it has been involved, and Freighliner has been a total uncooperative dud. And all this talk about "gas" mileage........uh mine uses diesel and it is much more expensive than "gas"..That said my dealer put me on the road with three active recalls..........unexcusable and really a black mark on the industry. I am sick of my situation. A few more weeks in the shop and I am going to a lawyer........I got several of them.