Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2023, 04:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago Warranty Complaint 2022 Minnie Winnie 26T

Winnebago does not stand behind there warranty!!!
MW26T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 04:41 PM   #2
Vietnam Veteran 1967-1970

Mw 26t??? What warranty ? We have a 2022 Mw26t
Joshua 24:15
GBFANKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 04:59 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I bought my Winnebago Vista motorized new and got warranty work done at a Winnebago dealer. For me, they stood behind the warranty 100%.

There is short process (at most a couple days) where the Winnebago dealer has to document the warranty issue and get Winnebago pre-approval to do the warranty repair. The owner is not involved, it all happens between the dealer service dept and Winnebago motorized service organization in Forest City.

Note my comment is specific to Winnebago motorized. I'm sure Winnebago non-motorized has a totally different interaction based out of the non-motorized service organization based in Indiana.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 05:19 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I had metal shavings from my slide on more than two occasions and the dealer kept saying it only construction debris and with the wait to get RV in for inspection and repair the short one year warranty period expired and then the main slide needed $4000 in repairs, neither winnebago own up to it being a winnebago issue. Here is what the tech wrote when he repaired the slide " the entire inner column is floating in the channel (broken plastic dowel lock pins) " then he goes on to state " room was ran with it out of sync and caused it to break:" well I complained about metal shavings and noise, winnebago and dealer should have caught this, not me as a owner. Same kind of issue with leveling jacks, complained numerous time jack were not working correctly, same BS from dealer, Roy Robinson RV, the are working correctly. I finally called LCI and with the TEC on the phone after pushing a couple buttons LCI said STOP, winnebago has wired the wrong, take to dealer and have them call us (LCI)
Old 03-15-2023, 06:58 PM   #5
Site Team

You are confusing the dealer with Winnebago. You didn't buy a car, you bought an RV. The dealer does not = Winnebago.

When the dealer gives you BS it's necessary to contact Winnebago directly.

Unlike a car dealership the contract between the selling dealer and the factory is very loose and not a direct connection.

However, even at a Ford or Chevy dealer you could get the run around from a dealer - but Ford or Chevy is not failing you. The dealer is.
Old 03-15-2023, 07:02 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Sorry, no confusion here, I also wrote to winnebago and I'm doing so again now with what the Tec has written.
Old 03-15-2023, 07:03 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW26T View Post
Sorry, no confusion here, I also wrote to winnebago and I'm doing so again now with what the Tec has written.
Call them. Not write them. Start a conversation with a person. If you write them you may not hear back for months or never.
Old 03-15-2023, 07:06 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Why call? You can better document what has transpired with written documentation and show via work orders written by dealer my concerns ��
Old 03-15-2023, 07:58 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Why call? You can better document what has transpired with written documentation and show via work orders written by dealer my concerns ��
Suit yourself. But if you want to get action you have to make a personal connection that gets your issue recognized. Then, once you have the attention of a person you can supply the written documentation.

But do what works best for you. You said you wrote them before. Did that work out well?
Old 03-15-2023, 08:03 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Hey Creativepart, appreciate your input, and it is well advised. Personal connection is always a good starting point. Thanks
Old 03-18-2023, 07:48 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

We’ve had 3 Winnie’s and had an issue with our 2nd Travato. The Transfer switch was making a rather loud humming noise. It was 1 month out of warranty and my local dealer suggested I call Winnebago. I contacted Customer Service and was connected to a great Service Rep. i explained my problem and he said they would cover it under warranty even though it was a month out. Sent me an email with a reference number and when I gave that to the dealer, it was taken care of. Like Creativepart said, it sometimes better to call and establish a physical contact other than an email.
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 07:39 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Write a letter directly to the CEO. Explain your issue clearly and calmly. Attach photos or copies of the work orders you filled out at the dealers if you have them.
Old 03-27-2023, 06:17 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago decling quality

Here is my story with Winnebago warranty and lack of standing behind their RVs.
The freezer frosted up as soon as it got cold and after numerous failed attempts to fix it, was replaced. Fought dealer over jacks not working, finally called HWH and after pushing a couple buttons the tech said it was missed wired and to have the dealer call them to fix it. Now the slide, this was also a major complaint from day 1, find metal shavings and making a lot of noise, was told this was normal. Finding more shavings, I complained again was told it’s normal. Being hard time to get the RV into dealer for service the one year passed and so now out of warranty. Now the $3000 repair is on me, even though I have it documented as an original concern. Besides these major issues there were minor ones also. This is my 3rd Winnebago and for these reasons this will be my last Winnebago. Winnebago quality has declined as they are no better than other manufactures and may even be worse.

I am glad that some of you have had ok experiences with Winnebago. Good luck going forward.

Tags
winnebago