Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

The history of Itasca is as posted above. From the Meridian vs. Journey line, there is ZERO difference between the two, it's just how you get there. Been there, done it. If you walk into a Winne dealer and make the contention that Itasca is better you'll probably get beaten. Same goes for Adventurer vs. Suncrusier (IIRC) looked at them and the front cap was a complete turnoff, but shy of that they were the same IF equipped the same.

Anyone noting a $20k difference between like models is missing something significant like an engine swap. That's close to the delta between the smaller ISB and a C-7 CAT in the Journeys. The C-7 was standard on Meridian, and optional on the Journey's. And on that note, Itasca introduced a Meridian SE designed to compete with the lesser equipped Journey's. Smaller engine and trans, plus lots of extras removed to knock the price down within reason to compete. I've seen only two of them, but have never been able to find info from the factory.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:16 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

I was told this by our dealer and a factory tour guide. Originally Winnebago had an exclusive contract with Dodge for chassis. When others started building they had to come up with an alternative which was Itasca. It was supposed to have a higher quality interior but other than that they we the same units. Now they have different color schemes and that is about it.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:19 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Winnebago's typically have beige carpet, whereas Itasca's usually have tan carpet.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:53 AM   #24

In my younger days I worked for a coach Factory. The differance in the coaches was at the last stop. when the installed the mane tag; Altho the are custom built HA HA; We could stand side by side, Order coaches, Have the exact same interior only you want a winn, and I want an Itasca. now were is the differance ?? Life is good
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:23 PM   #25
Winnebago Watcher

Kinda like the ol' days of Plymouth and Dodge. I have seen vehicles badged as both! One side Plymouth. The opposite side Dodge.Badges were changed at dealership based on MSO.
TXUSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca, winnebago