Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2020, 11:19 AM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundog964 View Post
The route from LA/SD to SF on I-5 is quite busy. There is a Tesla Supercharger station at the bottom of the Grapevine in the central valley.
I checked and there are supposedly 14 superchargers between LA and SD. But obviously it depends where you start and finish in each city.
Old 12-23-2020, 05:22 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
https://rvbusiness.com/winnebago-ind...21-q1-results/

• Organic RV Market Share Gains Continue, Rising 110 Basis Points on a Trailing 12-Month Basis
Especially impressive as the growth in RVs was mostly towables, with lower profits than the others.

I predicted an end to this madness by July. I was so wrong. This will continue until most people feel comfortable in public without face masks. I'd say that would be Fall 2021 at the earliest. At some point we will have a a lot of near-new RVs on the market, but not sure when. Maybe a trickle next year and a deluge in 2022.
tomwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 06:31 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwi View Post
Especially impressive as the growth in RVs was mostly towables, with lower profits than the others.

I predicted an end to this madness by July. I was so wrong. This will continue until most people feel comfortable in public without face masks. I'd say that would be Fall 2021 at the earliest. At some point we will have a a lot of near-new RVs on the market, but not sure when. Maybe a trickle next year and a deluge in 2022.
Or perhaps it will continue and hotels and airlines will take a long term hit. Hard to know how it will go.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 11:11 AM   #24
Aspect 30J

Charging stations are just the "Tip of the Issue"...wait until "Our" Elected leaders complete the "funding issues" for the ROADWAYS we all travel on. Charging stations will just be one of many questions for FUNDING the roadways...toll roads will not be the answer. Who would have guessed the USA would be exporting gasoline way back in 1973 - 1974 when we waited in line for a tank of fuel on alternate days.

"Yankee Ingenuity" not Politicians will find a way even then !!!

USA all the way !!!

MovingMann
MovingMann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago