Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-16-2020, 11:27 AM   #1

Winnebago RV Insurance

I just discovered that Winnebago offers RV insurance. Link is at
https://www.winnebagorvinsurance.com

My 2018 Winnebago View 24J is currently insured with Progressive with July renewal quote around $550/year via USAA. Got an independent RV agency quote (also with Progressive) for about $100 cheaper for same coverage. Wondering if USAA is charging more than independent agents. Am considering getting a quote from Winnebago RV insurance, but do not know their reputation.

Does anyone have experience (good or bad) with Winnebago RV Insurance?
SteveD49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 11:40 AM   #2
Site Team

Pretty sure the WBGO Insurance just a partnership with a broker in Forest City FCIS, Forest City Insurance Services: https://www.fcisinsurance.com/

This is what it says on the WBGO Insurance website you linked to:

Quote:
What Makes Us Different?

We’ve partnered with the RV insurance experts at FCIS Insurance to provide owners with a comprehensive portfolio of coverage options at some of the most competitive rates around.
Old 06-16-2020, 01:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Assuming the insured vehicle is a motorhome, wouldn't it be better to go through your own insurance company? I think some insurance companies even require that you insure all your vehicles through them, but I was thinking more the liability portion would be less with multiple vehicles.

If a travel trailer the insurance is so cheap why not go through your regular insurance company?
Old 06-16-2020, 02:08 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I got a quote from them and FYI they punish you for not being married. If you are single male don't bother. ARRRGGGH.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 02:16 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodspike View Post
Assuming the insured vehicle is a motorhome, wouldn't it be better to go through your own insurance company?
Motorhomes are a bit of a special breed and not all insurance companies offer RV Insurance.

We have USAA for home and cars but they don't offer RV insurance directly. They have a side brokerage that will sell you RV insurance through Progressive. But they charge quite a bit more than other brokerages or going direct with Progressive.

We use FMCA (Family Motorcoach Assoc) for our RV insurance and they are much cheaper since they sell to member's only. They provide us with Progressive insurance but it's nearly $500 cheaper going through them compared to going through USAA to get the exact same policy.
Old 06-16-2020, 03:22 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Motorhomes are a bit of a special breed and not all insurance companies offer RV Insurance. .
I guess if they don't offer it, they can't complain you don't get it from them.

My company does offer insurance on trailers without going through the brokerage, but I'm not sure about motorhomes.
Old 06-17-2020, 05:26 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I have my policy with the FMCA broker in Forest City Iowa. It is with Progressive with USAA discount. I believe Winnebago is using the same broker in Forest City. Using the broker was less than going direct with Progressive and the USAA discount.
k9jkfham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 09:40 AM   #8

Broker vs USAA

Since it appears that USAA's agency has higher prices for Progressive RV insurance than going through an independent broker, I'm probably going to reconsider RV insurance through USAA. Must do a bit more research, but it seems pretty clear that going through USAA for Progressive RV insurance is at least $100 higher. Guess USAA has to pay for all that TV advertising by jacking up their prices. Thanks to all for the input.
SteveD49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 09:01 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

We also use FCIS (Farm & City Insurance Service) and have since 2014. The original owners son now runs the business. They insure for both Winnebago & FMCA.

This is the company that was first in the industry to pay out for a total loss “full replacement cost” for the first 5 years and for the next 5 years “actual purchase price”. Must be insured with them since your unit was new.
NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA 455593 & WIT 170814
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 09:26 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cover Dog View Post
We also use FCIS (Farm & City Insurance Service) and have since 2014. The original owners son now runs the business. They insure for both Winnebago & FMCA.

This is the company that was first in the industry to pay out for a total loss “full replacement cost” for the first 5 years and for the next 5 years “actual purchase price”. Must be insured with them since your unit was new.
Same as cover dog but since 2009. FCIS is an insurance agent for many companies so they can compare prices. They found ours and it has been the cheapest for 3 different RVs that we could find.
They are Winnebago's insurance source
Old 06-23-2020, 09:35 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodspike View Post
Assuming the insured vehicle is a motorhome, wouldn't it be better to go through your own insurance company? I think some insurance companies even require that you insure all your vehicles through them, but I was thinking more the liability portion would be less with multiple vehicles.

I'm not so sure about that statement. I have my motorhome, regular daily driver car, and my classic car all insured through separate companies. I shopped around for the best rate. I may combine the motorhome and daily driver car with the same company on the next renewal.
Camper Ken 2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago