Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-04-2007, 07:20 AM   #41
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chandler Bing:
The expensive coaches just have more things to go wrong! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I hear that! ...
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:40 AM   #42

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chandler Bing:
I can certainly understand his frustration.
Once, an old friend that knew we were getting ready to buy a new motorhome said, "It takes two years to get all the bugs out of them, then they ususally are pretty bug free for a while".
On another note, my exhusband drives a coach for a multimillionair that is afraid of flying! The coach is a newell that is over a million dollars with the extras installed, (four phones with fax) other expensive crap. It is always being taken in for things to be fixed on the coach. The expensive coaches just have more things to go wrong! LOL </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does he drive for an ex-NFL coach? Maybe a sportscaster?
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:26 AM   #43
Winnebago Master

Not to be argumentive, but to try to explain whats going on with MOHO"s..Simply put the technology is moving faster than they can test it. They are passing it on to the buyers to do the testing and find the bugs. Its not only prevelant on 100,000 coaches but also on the hi dollar ones also. I would direct your attention to the Newmar Owners Forum, and read about the trials and tribulations of Rebelsbeach starting when he bought the Essex and now has a 07 London Aire..You talk about a man that has a right to complain this guy has been through the mill..Richard ,,just hang in there it will get better and everyday will be sunny.

Jeff Regan is a respected former Newmar salesman, that calls the shots as he sees them. You might want to research his posts also.. I know this doesn't solve your problems but it might give you some insight. Good Miles

Jeff Regan
Posted July 05, 2007 02:35 AM Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fred2000:
Bob,
I just returned from 6 weeks up in Michiana visiting various folks for changes to our coach and I kept hearing the same refrain about our decision to stick with our 2000 model LA for the time being: that it was good. Both at Spartan and at Duncan Systems they are very busy doing upgrade stuff to older coaches as the folks think they used to build a better coach and are keeping what they have. That was not my reason for making changes but I wonder if they don't know something. Perhaps Newmar did build a better coach in the past? I've never seen the service lots as crowded as they are now.

I don't mean to sound down on Newmar but I wonder if a Travel Supreme or other high enders have similar problems? I mean this can't be normal, right?
Fred

Jeff Reagans reply:

My opinion is that the 2000 era coaches were simpler, Newmar did seem to execute the fundamentals better in the Virgil Miller era,
and finally, ALL highlines from ALL builders
are much more troublesome than the higher volume, simpler coaches.

One need only look at the Country Coach Lexa,
Beaver Solitaire and Marquis for that matter,
to see that highlines are built in such low
volume with cutting edge, first generation technology that the owners become the beta testers by default.

I can assure you that the punch list on a $1.8
million Prevost conversion is pretty long as well.

It's a good thing that Newmar highlines have a
two year warranty vs. one year for Dutch Star and below--there is a reason for this.

Jeff Regan
2000 Dutch Star
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote