Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
iRV2 Marketing

Exclamation Winnebago of Indiana ????

Winnebago Buys SunnyBrook RV

There you go!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:08 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
There you go! means There you go down the tubes. Too bad 'Bago won't spend that kind of money on Quality Control and product improvement of what they already make.

2006 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 2004 Honda CR-V
NoMoreAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:02 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
I believe Winnebago made a smart move. When I look in dealer lots I see lots of towable units. Apparently that is what is selling right now. This will round out their production. JMHO

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I agree Don, and Sunnybrook is a good unit, we used one for about 12 years and now my son uses it. It makes sense to build what people are buying.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:08 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Smart move on their part --- diversify and pick up a good line that is selling !!!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 09:18 AM   #6
iRV2 Marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Smart move on their part --- diversify and pick up a good line that is selling !!!!!
Just about 2 years ago in the middle of summer I did a stick count at Ocean Lakes to create a report as to what the mix of towables vs motorized units was like and it was almost 10 to 1. Come the fall the numbers resort to about 50-50 and in the later months you might see 2 to 1 in favor of motorized vehicles.

Towables are where the new family will begin their RV'ing experience. Towables by in large are affordable and can accommodate the many needs of the of a small to large family quite well and not stress their budgets.

Being in this market segment Winnebago can only do well with SunnyBrook and I believe very well if we see a Winnebago branded towable. This venture will also help the current Winnebago dealers who will most likely will welcome the additional product mix into their floorplan.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:36 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Being in this market segment Winnebago can only do well with SunnyBrook and I believe very well if we see a Winnebago branded towable. This venture will also help the current Winnebago dealers who will most likely will welcome the additional product mix into their floorplan.
Yup, I think we can expect to see Winnebago dealer lots filled with SUNNYBAGOS and ITASCABROOKS soon!

Perhaps "someone" should start a new thread asking our members to suggest new product names.
Ed
Old 12-31-2010, 09:59 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

It looks like everything goes around comes around, In the beginning Winnebago did make trailers, 5th wheels and truck campers and then went entirely to motor homes. Why they did away with these lines is known only to John K. Hansen (RIP) I only hope the quality of the new line will directly affect the motor home quality, as I for one am not happy with my present,third,rig.

Don, WIT 70041
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:59 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

As we were leaving an RV park earlier this week ... we passed an older travel trailer ... I was surprised when I looked closer and saw the big W on the side ...

I did not know that Winnebago made towables ... I had seen older truck campers ...
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:18 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

In our local chapter we had a couple who owned a 1968 trailer and took Winnebago to the wall over a leaky roof. He had the original paper work that guaranteed the roof for life. My daughter has a Winnebago tent, but don't know if it is the same company. If the economy keeps on the way it is I may have to borrow it.

Don, WIT 70041
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote