Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2014, 12:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Winnebago Models

Would one of you tell me the order of models Winnebago makes starting with the better model first? The first 3 or 4 models would be good. Thank you in advance.
tmw188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:48 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Here ya go.
http://m.gowinnebago.com/products/2014/

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:05 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago Models

I recognize some of these model names. In the class A gas models were there only a few made lets say 2004 fwd? I didn't see the Chieftain?
Old 05-18-2014, 02:46 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Couple points then maybe some help... "better" is subjective... do you want by 'list price'? Gas or diesel? Class A, C or... it would really help if you narrow down what you are looking for. One person might say a high-end gasser is "better" than a low-end diesel, others would say all the DPs are better than any gas engine. Just IMHO and trying hard to not offend someone's choice.

Also, Winne changes their models almost every year, introducing some and retiring others. For example, my Vectra-line has come and gone twice now over the years and in the latest model lineup is replaced by the Tour, which seems to have been the 2nd in the DP lineup a few years ago. So a straight apples-to-apples across the years is not easy to do. Features change, options change, what was extra is now standard, etc.

Having said that, some help...

First, if you take Clifftall's provided link you can change the year at the end of his link ('2014') and get listings back to 2010. Those do show the MSRP for the various models, so if price is your criteria for "better" than you are good from 2014-2010.

Beyond that, you'll have to go to the sales brochures at Previous Model Year Product Information

and pull the ones you want. You'll see them listed SOMEWHAT in order of the gassers first, then the DPs, but they do seem to change the listing order from year to year. In the 2004 list you'll see the Chieftain, for example. No prices are listed as far as I can tell, but at least you can compare floorplans, options etc. The I guess you'll have to Google a particular model/year to see what prices are being asked on the used market.

Hope this helps a bit.
emiddleb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:19 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I understand it's all subjective, but I've been looking at Adventurer and have only seen a few Chieftains. I thought just getting a few personal opinions would express a feeling of some models of a little less craftsmanship if not a lacking of features.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:11 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

The Adventurer has been their top of the line Gas model for a view years now. If you compare what it offers as far as amenities and options its their top dog. You get things such as more places to level the coach, Whole hose water purification, Better AC ducting and distribution, light switches on the walls for all lights, ceramic floor tiles, corian counter tops thru out, Generator start on the dash and auto start for the generator, HDMI cableing thruout the coach and bluray players. Higher price tag, fog lamps, rear fiberglass cap, Full body paint, higher price tag, different layouts, higher price tag.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:06 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Maybe there is some models introduced at different yrs. I also see the Voyage, Brave, Itasca Suncruiser, Chalet, Sightseer, Vista, Chieftain, and popular Adventurer. This is why I wanted to narrow them down by model. The Adventurer and Voyage seem to be over all nicer and maybe sitting on larger chassis.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

TMW188, almost all of the gas Winnebagoes are similar with more conveniences and amenities added to the higher end coach at a cost. You would have to take an inside tour of each model to determine what you want or need in a coach and how much you may want to spend. The better model is mostly determined by individual preferences. There were some things that I liked about the Abventurer but I chose the Chieftain instead.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:10 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I will say this I'm looking at all used and I leaning toward the 22.5" wheels and it seams they are not on every model. Understandably perhaps not on the smaller units.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:46 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I think they changed to 22.5 wheels in 03. This means you get another step up and aluminum wheels. Nice upgrade but more expensive tires. Basement a/c and duel pane windows make these great for full timing. They did as much as they could with the chassis so you are limited on how much extra weight you can add. I think we can add about 1500lbs extra weight on our 01 37g adventurer.
Good luck
Old 05-19-2014, 06:37 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Hi, We are the proud owner of a 2014 Adventurer and really like it including all the options and the Sleep Number bed. If you go to Winnebago, Itasca, Era New - Used Motorhomes for Sale, Iowa RV Dealer - Lichtsinn Motors you can see all the models they sell and they usually have a video of the coach.

If looking at used I still would check out the Adventurer whether on a Ford or a Workhorse. I had and 04 Adventurer on a Workhorse with the Alison Tranny and really liked it except it was a 33 footer and now my new one is a 35 footer which I think is the ideal length.

Good luck and buy a Winnebago Adventurer and you won't be sorry.

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:16 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

DW and I are MH shopping came across a Winnebago class A chalet. Was told it is an upgraded Vista. Cannot find any info on this on the web even on the Winnebago archives.
Anybody heard of this?
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:52 AM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Hi,

I may be wrong but the Chalet was used in rental units or at least I used to see Them as rentals.

I would suggest you go to www.winnebagoind.com and see if there is anything there.

A friend of mine has a Vista 26 footer and really likes it as she is a widow. You won't be wrong going for a Winnebago as I'm on my 4th one and really like them.

good luck!

Tom-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:05 AM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Suspect you are right on rentals. A quick google on Chalet shows a range of class C and even a couple class A with the logo, all related to rental units. One is described as being part of the Apect line. So you'd probably have to figure out the year/model of the Chalet you are considering and then match it to the retail version to get docs etc.
emiddleb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:13 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the info
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:44 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Maybe you could start looking at the chassis for example on DP is it a Straight or Raised or Lowered, for Ford look at which payload chassis the RV has. Then you may be able to start grouping things even if they have different names. Some models are simply a trim differences, but yet have different names.
After Chassis categories, you can then start with lengths, and number of slides. It may be easier to see what you are looking for rather than the models names. The models will fall in place..
EdMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:16 AM   #17

Our Adventurer celebrated its 20th birthday last fall and its still going strong. There is something about it that DW and I both love and I can't see replacing it any time soon. It does everything we want and then some. Research to find what you like, pick a floor plan that has everything you need and have at 'er.

Then sit back and enjoy.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago