Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-15-2007, 03:22 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Anybody else have a problem getting the Winnebago Factory Tour DVD? I've called twice over the past month, both times have given my complete mailing address, and haven't received anything from them. I'm ready to place an order an order for a 35J but am having 2nd and 3rd thoughts now. Figure the odds I'll get any action or assistance from Winnebago after the sale if they aren't even worried about making the sale in the first place. I should have known it wouldn't be too easy to get it since they don't put that option on their website.
emmmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:22 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Anybody else have a problem getting the Winnebago Factory Tour DVD? I've called twice over the past month, both times have given my complete mailing address, and haven't received anything from them. I'm ready to place an order an order for a 35J but am having 2nd and 3rd thoughts now. Figure the odds I'll get any action or assistance from Winnebago after the sale if they aren't even worried about making the sale in the first place. I should have known it wouldn't be too easy to get it since they don't put that option on their website.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:16 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I'll be glad to lend you my copy - I have an older one and one produced about a 12-18 months ago. PM me.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:18 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Dealer gave me a copy to watch, but did ask that I bring it back as they were hard to get sometimes. Nice video and all but wasn't a deciding factor, in fact the dealer had explained most the Winnebago features/benefits.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:57 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

As Y-Guy said, certainly not the deciding factor in our purchase. We were given a copy by our dealer, it was informative and as much a PR piece as anything else. Try the dealer for a copy.
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:57 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the info and I appreciate the offer John. I do understand that it would mostly be PR and shouldn't be a deciding factor, but I am in Korea and haven't had an opportunity to get to dealerships much this year... So, I'm pretty much trying to learn, decide and order a rig so I can pick it up upon my family's arrival to the U.S. so we can see some sights and use it until we settle in. The real discerning part in this is Winnebago's apparent lack of professionalism with respect to a request from a customer. If they can't even do something as simple as mailing a DVD I am suspect about hard issues. If by chance they have issues, a simple memo in the mail or tell me on the phone about it would suffice rather than just being gaffed off.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:25 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Knowing you are currently overseas may play a big factor in why it hasn't shipped. I was in Korea too and had some pretty difficult times getting things. Is it going to an APO address? You might have quicker response by contacting a dealer that is near you and letting them know what you are looking for and that you'd like to see the DVD before returning home.
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:46 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I spent 5 years in Korea and know how hard it is to get some companies to send you anything.
Easy way around the problem is have Winne send the DVD to a friend or family member in the States and then have them send it to you. I had to do this several times with companies that won't ship to APO addresses(quite a few out there).
1995Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:34 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I could understand the APO thing if they didn't utilize regular U.S. Postal Service... but Winnebago does use the regular mail. All I have to say is shame on them. This was the month I was putting my money down to place an order for a February delivery, but I'm not spending a dime on Winnebago now. It's a matter of principle and I certainly hope the knucklehead that took my order for a DVD (twice) gets fired! I've decided to wait and will probably be spending a lot more to upgrade to a Newmar, but for nearly $100K more than the Winnie, I'll test drive this one first.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:00 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Well, the DVD finally arrived. Not a bad DVD, but not nearly as informative as I was hoping it would be... definitely more PR than valuable information. Thanks for all the offers of assistance. I have decided to wait to order our RV until we return and actually get to drive one or two. Our itinerary of moving to DC from Korea, getting our old car out of storage in New Jersey, kenneling the dogs, buying a house and getting the RV were just getting too hard. We've just decided to delay the RV order until we arrive with hopes of getting it in the late spring or early summer in time for school to let out for the summer. Thanks again!