Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2005, 01:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

We have just completed having some work done at the factory. I was really impressed with the way they completed the work. Our tech, Steve Folkerts and the electrical guys who helped him were just wonderful. Steve explained how he fixed our problems and gave us advice on how to keep other problems from occuring. Angela, who worked at the customer service desk was just wonderful.
Motorhome05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 01:48 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We have just completed having some work done at the factory. I was really impressed with the way they completed the work. Our tech, Steve Folkerts and the electrical guys who helped him were just wonderful. Steve explained how he fixed our problems and gave us advice on how to keep other problems from occuring. Angela, who worked at the customer service desk was just wonderful.
Motorhome05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:42 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

That is good to hear - we are planning to be up there early spring to take care of a few things. When we had our factory tour at the end of March, I was real impressed with the friendliness of the people on the factory floor and Mark at the visitor center.

--John

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 05:37 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Motorhome05-
How many days were you at the factory to get your work done? If more than one day, what was your daily schedule? We have 4 items that 4 different trips to 3 different dealers (our selling dealer closed down 9 months after our purchase) have not been able to solve. I keep wondering if the 650 mile trip to Forest City will be anymore productive. How many items did you have worked on? Where did you stay will in Forest City? This seems like a major undertaking and with so much at stake. Any suggestions and info on all this would be greatly appreciated. Also, how far ahead did you make your appointment?
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 08:15 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I also had a excellent experience at Winnebago, in Forest City. I would deliver my Suncruiser to them every morning at about 7:30 am and then pick it up at about 3:30 pm daily, I think in my case they worked on it for about 5 days. Two items that took some time was replacing the front engine air condition system, and replacing the doors on the refrigerator. I had a total of about 20 items that needed attention. They did excellent work, above what I was expecting. Since my spouse does not like to get up early, we stayed at the Lodge at Winnebago, there is a 10% discount if you are a member of WIT. Otherwise they have lots of RV parking spaces with water and electric hookups available for no costs.

2003 Suncruiser 35U
whyoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 11:07 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Our Forest City visit could not have been better. We wanted to take Service Tech Patrick Renchin home with us. Maybe all the Service Techs are equally trained but we thought Patrick was exceptional. All of our warranty issues were resolved in a very satisfactory manner. Be sure to stay in the Rally Park because you will meet great people and have fun too. We are not wanting to have any other problems but if we do, Forest City is the place to go.

Itasca Meridian 2005
Ken and Paulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 01:50 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Wouldn't it be great if you could have these wonderful experiences at your own dealer?

Whenever I take my PU or Van in to the Chev dealer I come away happy. Only need a day for an appointment - not 8 weeks.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:27 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We were there for 2 weeks and had the best experience. I will forever take my coach there.
2004 horizon
hogbreth is offline   Reply With Quote