Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2016, 09:31 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago Country Coach Junction City

We are on our first trip in a brand new 2017 Forza 36G. NE Oklahoma to Brookings Oregon to catch the 101 North thru Washington State, across to see family in Troy Montana, then back home.

While in Reno, over a 24 hour period, both MaxxAir exhaust fans have failed. I called a head to the new Winnebago Service Center (Country Coach) in Junction City Oregon & they told me that they were booked at least thru the end of September but they would try to work us in and would call us back. A short time later we got the call, this was on Monday, they told us to come on in and they would see us on Wednesday morning! Awesome!!

This is the video we made showing what the Country Coach HQ looks like and where we were allowed to park and plug in while waiting.
https://youtu.be/jBFRx-t-lWQ

And this is the video that we shot while in the service area showing the bays and where the service entrance is actually located. Also shows a factory restored 1987 Country Coach RV that's pretty sweet!!!
https://youtu.be/XMfB7IbB9vM

The people here at Winnebago Country Coach are really nice and very helpful. Of course they are going thru a few growing pains while Winnebago ramps up to full production/service but these things are to be expected I suppose. The supply chain for warranty parts is a bit slow. Replacement fans/parts for our issue is taking 5 business days minimum to get here & these are the same fans that anyone could order from Amazon Prime and have them in 48 hours, so it's not optimum yet but I believe that will change as things progress. Really happy that they were able to take us in without an appointment & while on a trip!!
MattTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 01:27 PM   #2
Site Team

Thanks for the tour of the new to Winnebago Junction City service center. Great to see Winnebago on the west coast, and best wishes to you as you continue your adventures in your new Forza!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 01:57 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Dang Matt!!! I was about ready to order TWO new Maxx Air fans for our rig. Let us know what they find wrong with them if you can.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:25 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Thanks for the videos and update. We have a service appointment on Monday, Sept. 26. I called this past Thursday and that was the first thing available. I am glad they are busy. We were there in July 2014 and were very pleased with the experience. Looking forward to going there again.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:30 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

MattTaylor, thought that looked like a OTA pikepass in the center of your windshield, then I say your Jeep tags. We live over on Skiatook lake.
Keep us posted on the MaxxAir exhaust fan repairs.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 12:05 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I have to agree with the comments about Junction City Service Center.

We're from Maryland on a coast to coast and back trip. Left MD in middle May with only a couple of scheduled stops.

While in Washington our full way slide broke for the third time. After a call to Winnebago they put me in touch with Junction City.

From first call to being placed in a bay was 5 days. And the slide was fixed in three days. Currently we are waiting on parts for a couple of other items they are fixing and hope to have the couch back this Thursday.

It seems the people here are a mixture of Winnebago and Country Coach. Everyone is much more friendly then any dealer that I have had to deal with.

If I still have the coach on my next trip and need service I will stop here.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:16 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

While it is early in the relationship, it does seem the Winnebago acquisition of CC is paying off for both CC and Winnebago owners..... and the employees of the former CC. Winnebago in Forest City, IA is also gearing up to service CC's at that location.

Curious if they let you peek in on the manufacturing operations at Junction City. I would love to see how they are progressing.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago