Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago Advice Wanted

I am thinking of buying the 2014 Winnebago 34B coach. Any advice?
bigdonedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I believe Winnebago manufactures great motor homes but I am sorry I can't answer your specific question. Hopefully someone will come forward to help you with your question. Good Luck;

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdonedmon View Post
34B is probably the floor plan, but telling us which model will likely get you better responses.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:06 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdonedmon View Post
Which other brands and models are you looking at? How many plan on using it? What are your overall plans as far as use of the MH? These are some of things to think about and tell us about in order to get our UNBIASED opinions.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:43 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Yes, I think more information is needed.

Is this MH for vacations? part timing? full timing?

How many people are traveling with you?

What car do you plan on towing?

What is your experience with RVing ?
Old 10-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I'm thinkin' it''s the Journey 34B since that is the only floorplan named 34B this year.

BigDonEdMon...are you aware that the Itasca division has the exact same model with different decor plans at the same prices? It is called the Meridian 34B ... Itasca Motorhomes - 2014 Meridian

I'll let others comment on the coach which looks beautiful to me! Good luck on your hunt.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2013 34B Journey and really like it. The layout with the TV across from the couch and the passenger chair with the desk arm are two of the reasons we downsized to the 34B. It also has the stacked Washer/dryer which is a lot nicer than the all in one unit. There is more storage space in the 34B than there was in our 39' Excursion with 4 slides.
jreichlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We have been very happy with our Winnebago. The few times I contacted the factory with a question, by e-mail, I received a very rapid response from technicians with answers. Question like: replaced front TV, access points, replacing aged out CO2 detector. The WIT (Winnebago Itasca Travel) club is also very helpful, and they have some fun rallies.
Enjoy.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

We took delivery of a 2014 Itasca Meridian 34B in July and really like the layout, decor and exterior paint/graphics. The only knock I have is that I am doing Winnebago's quality control for them. This is my first RV so maybe I am expecting too much but I have had almost a dozen things that needed to be fixed since it was delivered - everything from a leaking skylight to a stuck slide (in fortunately) and have yet to make it to a Freightliner dealer to have a leaking DEF tank repaired. Internal layout is great and very comfortable. The DP provides adequate power but we haven't tried the mountains out west yet. According to the trip computer we are getting 9.5 mpg towing a Honda CRV. The dealer (Lichtsinn) has been great about repairing the coach and has good access to the Winnebago factory for parts and their technicians are very good. Good luck.
rd55127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:50 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Bought a Vista 35F about a month ago. Have had it out every weekend since and have put about 1500 miles on it. Winnebago makes a great quality product. I have not had any quality issues thus far and everything has worked flawlessly. The one issue I have had was my doing. Stopped up the marcerator pump on the 1/2 bath black tank. I think you would be very happy with the Winnebago product and if the 34B layout fits your needs go for it!
Old 10-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

I don't have the 34B. I have a Winnie Journey 36M. My experiences with Winnebago and some of their parts manufacturers has been top notch. I would recommend Winnebago over Fleetwood because of my experience with Fleetwood in 2008 and 2009. It wasn't a horrible experience, just that Winnebago's customer service is that much better.
KoolBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama96 View Post
Bought a Vista 35F about a month ago. Have had it out every weekend since and have put about 1500 miles on it. Winnebago makes a great quality product. I have not had any quality issues thus far and everything has worked flawlessly. The one issue I have had was my doing. Stopped up the marcerator pump on the 1/2 bath black tank. I think you would be very happy with the Winnebago product and if the 34B layout fits your needs go for it!
I too have the Vista 35F 2014, overall great product but there are some things that Winnebago should think about. Check out how hot it gets in the cabinets above the passenger and drivers seats. there is NO insulation up there. The upper 1' of the windshield, which is black just pulls in all of that sunlight and heats those cabinets up terribly hot. This needs fixing fast. Also under the sink is just hot as the Devil.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:01 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2011 journey 34y, which in 2012, is what the 34b replaced. They are basically the same floor plans, and we love ours. This is our 3rd Winnebago since 1996 and they have been great helping us with various issues, either via phone, email, dealer or at the factory. I'm not going out on a limb and say Winnebago is the best manufacturer, but they rank towards the top. Good luck with you 34b...

Chiefbvfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

You can't go wrong with Winnebago!
Old 10-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

As you can see, you are among Winne fans. Your choice is the scaled down version of my coach. We love the functional room and the comfort. Your shorter wheelbase will make turning a tight turn a true surprise to you. The combination of Freightliner, Cummins and Allison is a great match.

We just bought our coach in May. During our travels from FL to MA and back toward the west we found ourselves just over 100 miles from Gaffney, SC and the Freightliner Custom Chassis factory. We went there for service and had the coach weighed, the height adjusted, the alignment checked and the chassis lubed and inspected. We are glad we did. They were great and the coach handles better than before, and that was very good.

I got a bit off track. A few have mentioned quality control issues. We have found this to be true. We have a few minor issues that I will need to address but nothing urgent. The crown molding in the front of the coach is installed poorly and a of poor quality. I plan to replace it when I get a chance. Others have more major issues. Many of us feel that if a problem is not fixed in a correct and timely manner by the dealer, make and appointment with the factory in Forest City, IA. If you join the WIT club you will enjoy the discount on labor (if you are paying for it) and parts and products from the factory store. You must be a WIT club member for 30 days (if I recall correctly) before the discounts will be available.

I have really covered many topics here. I hope you gain insight from these and from the others who post.

Happy Trails,
Rick
Old 10-26-2013, 09:55 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama96 View Post
we also have the 35 f we love it.was wondering what happen with the macerator pump
spanuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #17

We have owned 6 Winnebago's since 97. Three gas and three DP's. All were the right one for us at the time it was purchased. Now in a 2013 Tour and love it to death
glenda1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #18
Winnebago Owner

We have the 2013 Meridian 34B, which is the Itasca version of the Journey. No real differences. We have had many class As since 1985, and we downsized from a Monaco Dynasty 42' with four slides. We are pleased with the Meridian. It is missing a few bells and whistles from the Dynasty, but we don't really miss them (except hydronic heat - very nice). Plenty of storage, tracks down the road at 70-75 MPH with no wiggle. At that speed, we get about 8.5 MPG, no complaints.
If we were going to do it again (which we are not), would buy the same exact coach.
Good luck with whatever you get.
mgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:48 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2012 Itasca Meridian 34Y which is the predecessor of the 34B. The 34B added a number of great features such as the drop rail chassis for increased storage with a slide through basement compartment, separate washer and dryer, two separate furnaces, 100 gallon fuel tank and increased rear axle rating.

We purchased the 34Y for its layout and features; exceptional local Winnebago dealer, diesel engine, direct tv viewing, retactable tv, full length 80" king bed, large holding tanks, 12 cu. ft refrigerator, outstanding surround sound system, dining table and chairs, 7' ceiling: all in a 35' coach.
We have roughly 14,000 miles (trip up and down the Alcan) and have averaged close to 10 mpg towing a CRV. The additional features added to the 34B should make it a the only 35' diesel pusher available that offers all these desirable features.
market is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:23 AM   #20
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanuts View Post
we also have the 35 f we love it.was wondering what happen with the macerator pump
Someone put something in the toilet that they shouldn't have. Feminine product. Had to take the pump off and un clog.