Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2021, 11:13 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winnebageo Shipping yard?

Hey all,

We ordered a new Micro Mini December. I was following up with the dealer today on a status for the unit. They said:

"It is marked rush and checking today it’s marked as a retail sold unit so it’s next in line to be shipped"

Anyone have information on where and what the shipping yard is? Would like to get a general idea of how long it could be before delivery.

And yeah, I'd imagine everything is marked rush lol.

Is the dealer pulling my leg? Is there any way to check myself? I have the VIN and stuff.
jonnyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 11:38 AM   #2
Site Team

It’s probably a parking lot in Indiana adjacent to the factory. They sit there and wait for a driver or truck carrier for smaller TTs.

I don’t believe you can do anything but wait and check with your dealer.
Old 05-31-2021, 11:53 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Standard dealer babble talk.
Dealer and manufacturer delivery software do not talk to each other even in the auto markets.
I learned a few interesting things when I bought my truck. There we only a dozen or so available “in-stock” in the entire southeast. So, I bought my local dealer’s “in-stock” truck. But the truck wasn’t on the dealer lot. In GM’s software, a unit is transferred to dealer stock when they have a matching dealer order, and the unit build has been completed. Because the GM website posts available units that have not yet been shipped, I found by calling dealers, that every truck listed in dealer stock within 500miles were not actually on dealer lots. I couldn’t believe I kept calling my dealer every week, and got the same rube, “it’s on it’s way, we’ll call you soon”. Another week would go by, and now the story is, “it’s sitting at the plant in Missouri on the finished lot waiting for a transport.” Almost 10 days later, I finally got my truck. Start to finish = 38 days. Remind you that’s for an in-stock unit. If I had ordered, woulda been three months.

Considering that rvs and trucks are in similarly high demand. You will become frustrated long before you get your MM. Retail sold probably means the trailer is mostly finished, sitting on the factory shipping lot, but maybe not have axles and wheels yet., Or could be waiting for transport. You won’t be able to find out for sure until you get a call from the dealer to tell you it’s here.
Old 05-31-2021, 12:01 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks both. Well I'm not too fussed about the delivery date, although it would be nice to get the TT soon. Dealer was transparent in that it is a busy year.

I am pretty peeved about the dealer sending the bill of sale and me paying for the unit. I didn't think to ask if the TT had actually arrived, I assumed it had. Lesson learned.

I'll keep bugging the dealer.
Old 05-31-2021, 01:04 PM   #5
Site Team

Wow, that’s a ballsy dealer. You don’t pay until you inspect the RV. In fact you don’t own it until it’s delivered. I’d be very tempted to go demand my money back until delivery. I mean you gotta do what you think is right. But no, you should have only paid a refundable deposit at this point.
Old 05-31-2021, 01:38 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Well they didn't force it on me or anything. The financing is down via another company, so I figured I'd get it done to avoid delay, on my assumption the trailer was there.

Will start to ask for some money back if its not shipped on Friday. Does the dealer have to arrange the shipping from Winnebago or is that Winnebagos problem to deal with.
Old 05-31-2021, 09:45 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyr1 View Post
Well they didn't force it on me or anything. The financing is down via another company, so I figured I'd get it done to avoid delay, on my assumption the trailer was there.

Will start to ask for some money back if its not shipped on Friday. Does the dealer have to arrange the shipping from Winnebago or is that Winnebagos problem to deal with.

I am not sure what state you are in... but this has yellow or red flags all over it

I am pretty sure your lien holder assumes you have taken possession, if dealers has processed paper work you are legally owner even if something happens catastrophic before you actually receive. I would NEVER sign over funds until PDI is signed sealed & complete to my expectations.

I get you just want the Micro Mini ASAP and money is not your concern, but there are a lot of legal reasons that you should be concerned with if you have payed for item with title being processed that you have NEVER seen

Maybe they have only cashed your deposit and NOT the check and that paper work to transfer title has not actually started?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 10:05 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I agree I'm seeing more red flags after today. I haven't signed any paperwork to transfer the ownership or anything, I do however, have financing on the unit and am paying that. I also have insurance on the unit. I'd imagine the RV place has been paid.

I'm more worried about the money right now vs the delivery date. I'll see if I can get some info tomorrow around the legal obligations.
Old 06-01-2021, 06:10 AM   #9
Site Team

I didn’t want to alarm you when I posted previously but I think this is a serious situation and highly irregular. I do think you need to get in touch with the F&I people ASAP.

One question I would have is, are you liable for anything that could happen during delivery from the factory?

Good luck.
Old 06-01-2021, 06:33 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
I agree I'm seeing more red flags after today. I haven't signed any paperwork to transfer the ownership or anything, I do however, have financing on the unit and am paying that. I also have insurance on the unit. I'd imagine the RV place has been paid.

I'm more worried about the money right now vs the delivery date. I'll see if I can get some info tomorrow around the legal obligations.
What state (may impact?)

Step 1. Call your bank, tell them what has happened and that you do not have ownership of vehicle, do what they say as they are your friend and your legal partner; Technically, they are owner but you accept the liability until you fully own

Step 2. Call your Insurance company, tell them what has happened and that you do not have ownership of vehicle. Advise that Dealer has missed the delivery date an unable to confirm ETA, ask can you provide a new ETA one month out but you will call them before taking possession whenever that may be

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
I didn’t want to alarm you when I posted previously but I think this is a serious situation and highly irregular. I do think you need to get in touch with the F&I people ASAP.

I agree here, but I would NOT leave it totally in the hands of the dealer

One question I would have is, are you liable for anything that could happen during delivery from the factory?

Good luck.
If the title work has been signed and/or processed he and lienholder would be liable, but he says he has not signed anything? Lienholder has signed by virtue of check that is cashed (IF CASHED) on his behalf.

I think OP will be OK, he raised this early enough to get it cleared up and should be properly credited with all of his funds spent thus far on payments and insurance.

Suggestion for OP

If you can wing it and your bank allows. Ask them for new amortization table of your loan. When you get ask them apply your first payment #1 against the Principal ( I assume you already have paid anyway). Depending upon how many months your loan is for; you may be able to eliminate 3 - 7 payments or so I can't tell you exactly without see the Amortization table. You can make this negative a positive if you take action.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 06-01-2021, 01:52 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Hey dkoldman. I'm in ON Canada. I had confirmation today that the unit has been collected by the transport company and should be here in 2-3 days. I think its about 6 hours drive away so this should be feasible.

If I don't hear anything in a few days I'll be phoning around finance and insurance, I did read the contracts and I have a conditional sale contract. I think there has just been a genuine mistake here and things got lost in the chaos.

Really appreciate the advice . I'll be super happy if I can go on our camping trip June 11th.
Old 06-01-2021, 03:08 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Just to be on the safe side, lookup contact info for provincial licensing dept for automotive and RV dealers. If you’re not made whole in a couple of days, I would march straight to them and file a complaint. It’s likely that your dealer has broken the law and could be subject to criminal as well as civil penalties.
Old 06-01-2021, 03:21 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Hey dkoldman. I'm in ON Canada. I had confirmation today that the unit has been collected by the transport company and should be here in 2-3 days. I think its about 6 hours drive away so this should be feasible.

If I don't hear anything in a few days I'll be phoning around finance and insurance, I did read the contracts and I have a conditional sale contract. I think there has just been a genuine mistake here and things got lost in the chaos.

Really appreciate the advice . I'll be super happy if I can go on our camping trip June 11th.
That sound great For Insurance it is worth calling anyway and tell them to make it effective 3 days from now. They will give you a credit and would like knowing that if something where to happen in transit, they are not involved.

For the bank, you are okay because they gave check to you and when you sign it over to Dealer it is official, but I don't think the dealer has cashed that check without processing transfer of title... that is to close to fraud IMO

Btw, Not familiar with that State of On(tario) Canada I once had a retreat in Banff, had I known what I was going to see, I would have brought my family. I went fly fishing in Bow River with snow covered mountains in the back drop Before seeing it 1st hand; I always thought the pictures were doctored up The water was so clear, you could see the fish swim between your legs, while you trying to figure out how to cast that fly

Congratulations on your new RV, if you are like me, you will enjoy Winnebago. I am so glad we chose Winnebago. It is the perfect way to buy yourself in at a level that once you learn how things really work, you are not already looking for a new coach. Going on 2 years and we think we nailed it
Old 06-01-2021, 03:31 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine359 View Post
Just to be on the safe side, lookup contact info for provincial licensing dept for automotive and RV dealers. If you’re not made whole in a couple of days, I would march straight to them and file a complaint. It’s likely that your dealer has broken the law and could be subject to criminal as well as civil penalties.

Good call. I think they realized after I sent a pretty pointed email as they've been on the case since .
Old 06-01-2021, 04:11 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post

Btw, Not familiar with that State of On(tario) Canada I

Congratulations on your new RV, if you are like me, you will enjoy Winnebago. I am so glad we chose Winnebago. It is the perfect way to buy yourself in at a level that once you learn how things really work, you are not already looking for a new coach. Going on 2 years and we think we nailed it

lol state of Ontario. We do have lovely clear water here, I love it. Would like to travel more of the USA as well at some point.

We sold our hybrid travel trailer last year, it was such a good learning curve. This one should tick all the boxes.

Thanks for your help.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:21 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Well all good things come to those who wait. . Picked it up today, off camping Friday. Thanks for your help all.

Old 06-16-2021, 07:07 PM   #17
Winnebago Master

Congratulations and enjoy the new trailer!
Old 06-20-2021, 12:18 PM   #18
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Well all good things come to those who wait. . Picked it up today, off camping Friday. Thanks for your help all.

It is customary to let me keep it for the 1st 2 months to make sure it is alright But if you gonna take out without my personal guarantees "CONGRATUALTIONS" I bet you find out how good the AC works right away
Old 06-20-2021, 01:03 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
It is customary to let me keep it for the 1st 2 months to make sure it is alright But if you gonna take out without my personal guarantees "CONGRATUALTIONS" I bet you find out how good the AC works right away

hah nice try. . Just got back after 2 days away. Love the trailer, AC works really well, not too loud, and it tows well.

Very pleased.
Old 06-20-2021, 01:36 PM   #20
Winnebago Owner

Congrats Jonny