Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #41
Winnebago Owner

We bought our 2009 Winnebago Adventurer in May 2011 and we love it. We live in it for four months,(late Dec to mid April) in the southern keys. We have had a few small issues but for the most part the coach has been trouble free. We previously owned Class C Jaycos but they were not as comfortable as the Adventurer. It's a fine coach.
LEHAFER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #42
Winnebago Camper

Not to "toot" our Winnebago horn, but.....ever notice in the used MH classified ads, that Winne products are very scarce compared to all the other brands. Hmmmm. Funny, since Winnebago is one of the top selling units. Maybe Winne owners seem to keep their products, instead of changing brands.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #43
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru499 View Post
Not to "toot" our Winnebago horn, but.....ever notice in the used MH classified ads, that Winne products are very scarce compared to all the other brands. Hmmmm. Funny, since Winnebago is one of the top selling units. Maybe Winne owners seem to keep their products, instead of changing brands.

It is OK to toot as this is a Winnebago Forum
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #44
Winnebago Camper

We are on our 3rd Itasca/Winnebago MH. We started with a 1994 Suncruiser 29', traded for a 2002 Suncruiser 32V with basement air that never gave us any problems, and this past spring we got the itch for a 2011 Tiffin Breeze 32 hold over. We thought it would be a nice small DP we could move up to. The closer we looked at the Breeze the more the layout and fit and finish didn't appeal to us. There just happened to be a 2012 loaded Winnebago Sightseer 33C on the showroom floor that was already discounted 24%. We loved the floor plan and had always been happy with the quality of our other 2 Itasca’s'. The 1 piece fiberglass roof, the power management system, quality cabinetry, steel around the driver and passenger area, thermo pane windows, etc. These were just some of the things we came to appreciate in the Winnebago motorhomes. So far the Sightseer has proven to be the same quality that our previous Itasca Suncruisers had been.
rini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #45

You meet the nicest people traveling in Winnebagos.. and I love them all;; Altho that is a problem for my wife Because she Loves them all to. and we will be Married only 50 years next june, So there is nothing wrong with blowing your horn . If you have the wind/air to do it. Ahhh Life is good We pull in to a campground look for a Winnie, My beverage in my hand and the conversation starts , a it is wonderfull..
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #46
Winnebago Camper

Hello out there!

We are downsizing from a 36 foot class A because we plan to spend less time on the road than our 13 years of full timing. We have been looking at a VERY well kept 2002 Itasca Sunrise 30 on a Workhorse chassis. We are new to Winnie products, so would like any comments, advice, or observations. The coach we are looking at has 26,000 on it, has been garaged it's whole life when not in use, and already has the vent kit for sparkplug wire that had overheated eight years ago. Would appreciate any thoughts anyone may have.

Jim
Old 01-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #47
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbprac View Post
Hello out there!

We are downsizing from a 36 foot class A because we plan to spend less time on the road than our 13 years of full timing. We have been looking at a VERY well kept 2002 Itasca Sunrise 30 on a Workhorse chassis. We are new to Winnie products, so would like any comments, advice, or observations. The coach we are looking at has 26,000 on it, has been garaged it's whole life when not in use, and already has the vent kit for sparkplug wire that had overheated eight years ago. Would appreciate any thoughts anyone may have.

Jim
Look up Workhorse on the SEARCH section and get a feel for what people think of them. I believe that Workhorse has closed up shop after the Bosch Brake problems. That was a huge issue and I would make sure that problem was fixed on the coach that you are interested in buying.
As far as Winnebago products are concerned, they are great and their Tech services line is outstanding if you need them.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:42 PM   #48
Winnebago Camper

Are Camping Worlds the only place to get a Winnebago?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #49
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
Are Camping Worlds the only place to get a Winnebago?
Try this dealer lookup....

http://www.gowinnebago.com/dealers/
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:11 AM   #50
Winnebago Camper

I did that to begin with and they are mostly CW.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:53 AM   #51
Winnebago Owner

After owning a Airstream and a Forest River Lexington, we are the proud new owners of a new Winnebago Aspect. We knew we wanted to get into a larger Class B+ and in doing research and speaking with independent RV repair places, we headed for the Winnebago line. We haven't used our coach yet, will pick it up Thursday and we can't wait.
We have only positive comments about working with Camping World in Cocoa,Fl!! They are a new facility and are really aiming for great customer service.
Can't wait to load up and hit the road!!
Andi & Jim
Kdsgone2dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #52
Winnie-Wise

Your name says it all. Let the fun begin!!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #53
Winnie-Wise

I guess I'll have to take exception to the couple of posts that state most of the problems are due to poor or no maintenance. While I cannot vouch for anyone else and how they have maintained their motorhome, I know how mine's been done and there is no way anyone will ever convince me that I'm responsible for having to pay out $3,500 to rebuild the windshield frame and replace the glass, unless someone here can point out what maintenance procedure I skipped or ignored. I know to date, Winnebago / Itasca, while absolving themselves from any liability, can't seem to point to any faults on how I've maintained my motorhome. Not sure why all the owners that have had the same issue are absent in this thread, but I'll speak up.

A major design flaw that was allowed to run approximately 9 model-years? Bet not many car companies or aircraft manufactures would be given that luxury. Toyota has now paid out more than $1 billion for something that can't be proven as a fault with Toyota vehicles but they want to move on and settle claims. Winnebago refuses to pay even a single dime and the evidence is pretty obvious on what the design flaw was. -RT
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #54
Winnebago Camper

Why Winnebago

How about easy to fix troubleshoot.(all wiring ,plumbing, construction drawings available to owners online)
The Freightliner chassis Winnebago house is an cost effective way to go.
You can spend a lot more money and get more coach but IMHO Freightliner,Cummins,Winnebago is the answer.
grandpatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #55
Winnebago Watcher

In Nov. traded our '09 Winnebago Aspect, Class C, 28C for a used Class A '08 Itasca Sunrise, 32H. Drove it 77 miles into winter storage and am scheduled to head to FL late Feb. Bought the Aspect new in '09 and had very good luck with it overall. No major problems, but several small internal finish quality issues. Reason for trading, very limited external storage. Dealer provided 90 warranty as of late Feb. Also purchased 6 yr Xtra Ride service agreement on the coach. Sunrise will give us all we need and more both inside and out. Have a lot of travel planned this year (including Winnebago GNR in July). The coach has 20k miles on it but in great condition. Also has basement air which seems like a good thing over rooftop but would like opinions on this and any feedback on Xtrad Ride service agreements. Anxious to take it on the road.

BerylCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #56
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerylCop View Post
In Nov. traded our '09 Winnebago Aspect, Class C, 28C for a used Class A '08 Itasca Sunrise, 32H. Drove it 77 miles into winter storage and am scheduled to head to FL late Feb. Bought the Aspect new in '09 and had very good luck with it overall. No major problems, but several small internal finish quality issues. Reason for trading, very limited external storage. Dealer provided 90 warranty as of late Feb. Also purchased 6 yr Xtra Ride service agreement on the coach. Sunrise will give us all we need and more both inside and out. Have a lot of travel planned this year (including Winnebago GNR in July). The coach has 20k miles on it but in great condition. Also has basement air which seems like a good thing over rooftop but would like opinions on this and any feedback on Xtrad Ride service agreements. Anxious to take it on the road.
I have a 34 ft. with the basement air and I love it. It works great in the summer for air conditioning and in the winter I use it in the heat pump mode for heating unless it gets near freezing, and then I use the gas heat to keep the plumbing warm.
I bought the Good Sam Extended Service Plan which I like. I have used it once with my first Motorhome (Fleetwood Flair) and was very satisfied with the coverage. Is it cost effective ? Not really, but at least I have someone else to cry along with me if the whole thing takes a dump !
You can't go wrong with a Winnebago product. They have GREAT tech support if you need it. Good Luck and enjoy your travels.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #57
Winnebago Watcher

Bought our 2007 34H journey a year old and love it. We like the basement air as it has worked great in all weather and is a great white noise for sleeping. Happy traveling.
jashx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #58
Winnebago Camper

Basement Air

I really miss the basement aiir on the newer coaches,Was told the additional pollution devices needed took up the room . Is newer better?
grandpatime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago