Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Where to buy: Dimensions Control Panel?

Can anybody tell me where I can purchase the control panel to the Dimensions inverter? The readout display light is no longer working. I suppose somebody who is good with circuit boards could get the light working again but I'm not about to fool with it and thought I'd just buy the whole replacement unit.

However, when I do a search on the internet, nothing comes up which I find strange.

The part number is 141315-1 for the Dimensions Remote Panel 12x20

Thanks.
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Hang on for a little while, quite a few folks on the forum have pulled their Dimensions out to get a true sine wave inverter. Somebody may have one for you just for the cost of shipping.

Did the Dimensions factory already tell you they are not available?

Good luck,
Bill
Old 06-09-2011, 08:15 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the reply, Bill.

So yeah, if anybody out there has one sitting around because you've upgraded your inverter, let me know and I'll be happy to pay a small amount plus shipping.

I've just looked up the manufacturer contact information (they're now owned by Sensata) so if I don't hear from anybody, I'll contact them to see if they can sell me a new one or advise me what to do if they no longer manufacture that panel.

I just thought that somewhere on the internet that I'd be able to find the panel for sale but I don't even see it on Ebay.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I have a Dimensions control panel, it was from our 2005 Horizion, which had a 2000 Watt inverter, but it has a different part number on it.
On the back of it is: Remote Panel 12x20, 141255-2, July 2005
Dimensions was handing out these panels at the 2005 GNR Rally for an upgrade to the inverter, so I have this extra one, never used. You can email if you can use it. Just pay the shipping it's yours.
[email protected]

2010 View 24K
warrenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

We had ours replaced a couple of years ago. Dimensions sent us one directly and I paid about $85. They mailed it directly to me and I was going to install it (simple plug to connect) but we had the Vectra in for repairs and the dealer installed it for me. Call them directly, they are very helpful.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:57 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenh View Post
I have a Dimensions control panel, it was from our 2005 Horizion, which had a 2000 Watt inverter, but it has a different part number on it.
Dimensions was handing out these panels at the 2005 GNR Rally for an upgrade to the inverter, so I have this extra one, never used. You can email if you can use it. Just pay the shipping it's yours.
[email protected]
Thanks so much for the offer, Warren. However, according to what I've been able to research on the internet, the difference between the 141255-2 and the 141315-1 which I have is that mine has what is called a "DC Master Disconnect Switch Control Wire" that also comes out the back of the unit and is called the "R1 Option." I'm not too sure if I need that or not but I probably better be safe and replace it with the exact same model. Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David and Fran View Post
We had ours replaced a couple of years ago. Dimensions sent us one directly and I paid about $85. They mailed it directly to me and I was going to install it (simple plug to connect) but we had the Vectra in for repairs and the dealer installed it for me. Call them directly, they are very helpful.
Thank you also, David and Fran. I'll check with the Dimensions factory people and see what they advise me to do.

If I was keeping this coach for the long-term, I'd replace the Dimensions with a Xantrex but I plan on trying to sell the coach later this year. *ugh* if anybody is actually going to be wanting to buy a diesel pusher with the price of diesel nowadays.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:41 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenh View Post
[email protected]
Warren, I have a Dimensions 2000 watt inverter in my 2004 Itasca Meridian and would love to have an upgraded panel, also as a back-up, so I'll check my panel number as soon as I can get it removed. Appreciate knowing they can be replaced this easy.

Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:51 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

You can save yourself a lot of headache if you can find a friend who knows anything at all about electronics. I had the same problem with mine. The wires to the connector on the back are too short from the factory. Tension caused the solder joints to let go. It took five minutes to solder longer wires on and re-connect the panel.
artmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmartin View Post
You can save yourself a lot of headache if you can find a friend who knows anything at all about electronics. I had the same problem with mine. The wires to the connector on the back are too short from the factory. Tension caused the solder joints to let go. It took five minutes to solder longer wires on and re-connect the panel.

Thanks, Art. Good suggestion. I've emailed the factory and they are not responding and I can't find that part after doing numerous searches. I'll try to find somebody who is good at electronics and can solder to fix it.