Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2006, 07:59 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I was cleaning the electrical bay and found a plug that comes from the engine department unplugged. There is an outlet in the bay with nothing plugged in it. I suspect that it might be the engine heater and should be plugged in. I thought I would check y'all before just plugging it in. If anyone has an idea of what this plug is for then I would appreciate your feedback. Especially John Canfield since he has a Horizon just like mine. TIA

2005 Itasca Horizon, 40AD, 2005 Chevy Silverado
Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:59 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I was cleaning the electrical bay and found a plug that comes from the engine department unplugged. There is an outlet in the bay with nothing plugged in it. I suspect that it might be the engine heater and should be plugged in. I thought I would check y'all before just plugging it in. If anyone has an idea of what this plug is for then I would appreciate your feedback. Especially John Canfield since he has a Horizon just like mine. TIA

Old 09-07-2006, 11:19 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

It is the engine heater. DON'T PLUG IT IN UNTIL YOU ARE GOING TO USE IT.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:25 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Woody,

Can't imagine you will ever need an engine heater in Woodstock, but then again you are a little west and north of me.

Geechee

2004 CR-V EX
Geechee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 12:00 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">DON'T PLUG IT IN UNTIL YOU ARE GOING TO USE IT. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why not plug it in??? Mine stays plugged in all the time. There is a switch inside the coach on the "control center" panel to turn it on or off. I recently added a "pilot light" to the switch so I can easily tell when it is turned on.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:18 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Paul,

I forgot all about the switch on the electrical panel. I read somewhere or heard somewhere (darned voices) not to plug it in unless it was going to be used. Safety precaution put out due to overzealous attorneys no doubt.

I have never plugged mine in as I haven't needeed it yet. Just might do that tomorrow morning and make sure YOUR switch is off.

Thanks for the reminder. I'm beginning to forget what I forgot!! Ahh, the golden years!!

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 03:56 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reply

iRV2.com RV Forum THE OWNER'S CORNER Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum What's this plug for </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks to all for the replies. I thought that it was the engine heater but just wanted to make sure. Funny thing is, my 2000 Horizon had an illuminated light switch for the engine heater and the new High Dollar 2005 Horizon just has a plain old wall switch. I guess Winne was trying to keep costs down.LOL. I better leave it unplugged just to make sure it does not get turned on by accident. I probably won't be needing it anyway.

Old 09-07-2006, 04:31 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Our dealer suggested to use the plug for an outdoor light and use the switch inside the coach to control it.
Leave the engine heater unplugged until you need it.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:38 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Woody ...

Don't you dare tell my wife that you are cleaning out your bays ... that will be something else to go onto my "honey do" list

skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:38 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

SKIGRAMP, wouldn't think of telling the wife. I was just killing some time waiting to hit the road on Sat. for a month. You know how those anxious waiting periods are..