Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2009, 10:18 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

What type of Supply line is this

On my Winnebago Itasca Meridian 34H I have a supply line into the RV. Either setting it to Normal or Bypass. Right above it is another line, Hose threading. I have no idea what this line is used for.. Neither does Winnebago Service. Looking for Help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PC070001.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	1998  
bmickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:37 AM   #2

Looks like an attachment for a black tank flush. Hook up a hose, turn it on, and see where it goes. You can here the water going through and trace it.
Mandys Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:51 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the response. My black water tank flush is located inside the area where I flush the black and gray tanks so that can not be it. Would it be for gray tank flush.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:06 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Which supply line are you talking about...the top right copper one? If so...Is there any writing above it?
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:29 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Not sure which "line" you are talking about because you reference "normal and bypass" which is a "valve" setting. Bypass is probably water heater bypass. Could the line possibly be the intake for winterizing?

My 03 34H Journey DL originally had the electric valves so your setup is different from mine. However, I do have two valves, one for water heater bypass and one for the winterizing pump inlet.
ernieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:32 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Nothing written above it or around it. I have attached a Photo of the area and it is the upper copper line with a plastic hose cap on it. Photo is on original thread.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:39 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmickels View Post
Nothing written above it or around it. I have attached a Photo of the area and it is the upper copper line with a plastic hose cap on it.
I think ernieH may be right..BUT I am going to move this thread to the Winnebago area where we can get some Winnie Owners involved...
Old 12-08-2009, 11:45 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, I am new to the forum so I probably should have started there..
Old 12-08-2009, 11:56 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmickels View Post
Thanks, I am new to the forum so I probably should have started there..
Yes ...but we have a very "forgiving" learning curve... and you are also a New Member... so it would be an easy place to go to first!
We are glad you are here...I know someone will be able to help answer your question. Why don't you go back and just "introduce yourself" in the New Member forum - tell us a bit about yourself...and we will leave this one as a working question...
Old 12-08-2009, 01:30 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

You didn't say what year your coach is, but there is a link to the plumbing diagrams in the Winnebago Owners forum.

As I stated before, what I think you have is a pickup for antifreeze that may have been modified from the original configuration so you can pick up the AF with a hose instead of plastic tubing.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:50 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

The Itasca Meridian is a 2006 which was probably assembled in 2005.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

the label beside it appears to be the tank flusher caution label....i would guess its a tank flusher inlet
Old 12-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

As I look at your photo again, I think that you are "missing" one of the original valves. I think that you should have a bypass for the water heater, a fill valve to fill the tank, and winterizer valve that allows you to suck antifreeze directly into the pump. The winterizer appears to be missing.

If you go to the plumbing diagrams in this Winnebago Owners forum and pull up the 2006 Meridian 34H, on page 8 you will find the winterizing valve and the factory installed hose. It's the "J" shaped tube that appears over the middle of the fresh water tank.

That valve appears to be missing on your unit and may have been replaced by someones "better idea". I'm assuming that you are not the original owner. I'll even go so far as to bet that if you remove or loosen the trim ring around the mystery fitting you will find the original labeling for the winterizing valve.

Someone on this forum should be able to verify my thoughts. I don't know why they don't jump in and help.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #14
Winnebago Owner

I went out and looked at our Monaco..I know they are not the same rig - but I am leaning more towards the Winterization theory.

The Winnebago/Itasca diagrams and manuals can be located at this link...

Good Luck!
Old 12-09-2009, 05:09 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Did some one add a second water tank?
CWHTRAINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 11:14 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

As soon as it stops raining and warms up a bit I will remove the plastic shield around the fitting and see if there is anything written inside. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:09 PM   #17
Winnie-Wise

It's been almost a week now. Just curious what you found.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:12 PM   #18
Winnebago Master

2004 Journey "answer"

We have a 2004 Journey. The fresh water inlet area looks similar on our coach.

There are two selector valves: the left most valve is the bypass valve for the water heater (used when you winterize), the right valve is used in conjuction with the brass input in the upper right hand corner.

There are two ways (on my coach) to fill your on board fresh water tank ...
  1. a gravity feed door / hose on the curb side ...
  2. the supply hose from your site connected to the brass input with the selector switch set to "Tank fill"
When the supply hose from your site is connected to the brass input with the selector switch set to "Supply" then your fresh water is coming directly from the supply at your site and bypassing your on board fresh water tank.

I think your coach works the same way.
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:55 PM   #19
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by skigramp View Post
We have a 2004 Journey. The fresh water inlet area looks similar on our coach.

There are two selector valves: the left most valve is the bypass valve for the water heater (used when you winterize), the right valve is used in conjuction with the brass input in the upper right hand corner.

There are two ways (on my coach) to fill your on board fresh water tank ...
  1. a gravity feed door / hose on the curb side ...
  2. the supply hose from your site connected to the brass input with the selector switch set to "Tank fill"
When the supply hose from your site is connected to the brass input with the selector switch set to "Supply" then your fresh water is coming directly from the supply at your site and bypassing your on board fresh water tank.

I think your coach works the same way.
My2004 36G Meridian works this way too, but looking at OP's picture I see the fresh water connection just to the right and above the shower knobs. What's the water connection elbow just above the fresh water connection, unless that's the black tank flush out. That's where mine is but on mine the connection is straight upward into a panel not inward toward the center of the coach and mine is labeled "Black water flush".

Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:01 PM   #20
Winnebago Master

Whatever that connection is it isn't in the plumbing diagram for his coach, so I suspect it may have been added aftermarket.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is online now   Reply With Quote