Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-28-2014, 10:37 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

What to do with old furniture when you modify?

I think I know all the answers to this but here goes :
We are in Mesa, AZ and taking our 2006 Sightseer 29R in for modifications on or about the 5th...taking out the jackknife sofa and dinette set to replace with more comfortable stuff. I hate the thought of trashing them but anything else seems stressful and time consuming. We just went through vacating our S&B home to sell it and I think we are still suffereing PTSD from that experience! (garage sales, storage units, dump runs etc)The park we're in is mostly park models, only a small percentage of motor homes....I am assuming they have whatever they need for their rigs. I'll post something on the billboard, just in case.
Any other ideas? Any good experiences with Craig's List?
Thanks all!
parsoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 10:45 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Send a message via Skype™ to hammer55
I have been looking for a jackknife sofa, but of coarse it has to be the right color to work, so there are people out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsoc View Post
I think I know all the answers to this but here goes :
We are in Mesa, AZ and taking our 2006 Sightseer 29R in for modifications on or about the 5th...taking out the jackknife sofa and dinette set to replace with more comfortable stuff. I hate the thought of trashing them but anything else seems stressful and time consuming. We just went through vacating our S&B home to sell it and I think we are still suffereing PTSD from that experience! (garage sales, storage units, dump runs etc)The park we're in is mostly park models, only a small percentage of motor homes....I am assuming they have whatever they need for their rigs. I'll post something on the billboard, just in case.
Any other ideas? Any good experiences with Craig's List?
Thanks all!
Old 12-28-2014, 10:48 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Donate.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 10:51 AM   #4
IC2
Winnebago Camper

When we did our last 5er, Craigslist worked very well. You just have to understand that there are a bunch of scammers there that want to send their representative with a (phoney) bank check so it can be shipped elsewhere. Also, some of the email responses are less then great and have to be filtered it the language just sounds wrong. I also don't let them in the house and with certain items, meet them in daylight at a large gas station or mall and have the item in my vehicle(I have a long bed pick up truck so it is easy for me). I've been stood up only one time with many items being sold on CL
Old 12-28-2014, 11:10 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Considering you're in Mesa where there are possibly many potential interested buyers this time of year, I would recommend Craigslist, however be cautious.

Do not give any of your personal contact in the ad, but do ask for an email response with the other person's contact phone number, and that the item/s must be picked up in person.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:01 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks everyone, no reason not to do CL, really... Will get on it
parsoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 06:22 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

We donated our couch to Goodwill.
rjf7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:35 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

If you're interested in donating it you can use Freecycle. Google Freecycle.org to find a local board in your area.
ceemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 02:40 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

When we remodeled our 1999, I took all the furniture out - couch, captain's chairs, swivel chair, dining table chairs - Put an ad on Craig's List - for my local area - put in the ad that the buyer had to come and get it. 24 hours later it was all gone and I had a few bucks in my pocket (well not really, actually a few bucks to pay for the new furniture).