Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2006, 04:10 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Go to the Winnebago website and click on specifications for each coach. I believe you can go back as far as 2000. Print it out, put them side by side and compare.
Savannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 06:53 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Unfortunately it is not that easy. Most of the differences are cosmetic, but there are a few underlying mechanical things I believe, but I am told the list doesn't exist. I'd like to know if the water pump is larger, batteries possibly, etc. These are unwritten in the spec sheet.

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
BigTrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 03:37 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> My Vectra came standard with the nickel-silver faucets and also the 5.7 pump.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is the color of your shower, hinges, light fixtures, etc.?

I checked the '04 brochures for Vectra and Horizon and the Horizon came with a variable speed pump. The Vectra does not. According to the spec sheet the Vectra does not come with the variable 5.7 Shurflo.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 03:38 AM   #24
Administrator Emeritus

Not sure about the water pump,as it's RAINING here AGAIN so I won't check it.

I do know that I ordered the "stainless steel" appliance package as a option,which is not listed as available in 2004 on Tom's list.

I have the factory option "spec out" sheet that the dealer and I checked off each and every option I wanted.

Only options I didn't get were the ceiling fans,the dining computer table,the euro recliner,CB,range,spotlight and compartment storage box.

Also....for 2006 the Vectra has changed those metal grid defrost fans to little spotlight type directional "eyes" mounted under the tv.

I remember seeing the metal grid ones in John C.'s 2005 Horizon pics,so I KNOW that's a change as well...

When I do the interior pictures I'll post one of the new fans.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 07:45 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Hey Bob,

There should be decorative differences very similar to the differences posted by TOM N earlier. I'm more curious about any mechanical differences not readily noticeable to the eye such as the water pump, an additional light fixture, appliance or systems brand changes (ie. Dometic to Norcold or one water heater for another). I will be able to give a list of things the Horizon has when I pick up my rig in about 6 weeks, just can't notice everything right now, so I don't know what to look for when I get to the PDI.

By the way, nice pictures of your rig. Is the rust on the levelers normal (as you were pointing out)? I couldn't understand the picture of the power cord reel. Were you implying that you were going to remove it? I couldn't make out the electrical cutoff switch that everyone's been talking about. Did you get the King size Bed? Love all the clear labeling. Did you get a chance while it wasn't raining to measure your bins for me?

Thanks Bob...

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
Old 01-06-2006, 08:02 AM   #26
Administrator Emeritus

Trace,

I will get your measurements this afternoon...sorry!

I'm definitely keeping the electric reel,it's just that it's a BIG cylinder.

The electrical switch is the round switch in the engine compartment area,similar to the ones used in the trucking industry.

I do have some inside pics now,so I'll get those up.
Also....as you'll see by the pics,my cabinet hinges are indeed "hidden" so that's one less difference.

I did notice these cabinets are a "step above" in quality from the ones in the Journey.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 08:12 AM   #27
Winnebago Owner

I'm glad you got the concealed hinges. That's pretty cool. The cabinets should be solid wood, not dressed up MDF. My old Discovery had cabinets just like your journey. What I liked most about the new cabinets was the full slide extensions!!. My Discovery was HORRIBLE when it came to cabinet slide outs. Where do you think they put the Water Pump. These are common "go bad" items that are prety easily replaceable so it is good to know where to fix it..

Thanks Bob. Your a world of info for all of us.. I look forward to checking out your new pics..

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
Old 01-06-2006, 04:59 PM   #28
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I do know that I ordered the "stainless steel" appliance package as a option,which is not listed as available in 2004 on Tom's list.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The difference listing is for the 2004 model year. It shows what is standard equipment, not optional equipment such as the SS package on the Vectra. Stainless steel was standard on the Horizon.

An item that was std on the Horizon for 2005 were the roof vent shade. They were not std on the Vectra.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:21 PM   #29
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for your responses.

The 2 biggest things on the Horizon now is the stainless package is standard, and the ultraleather is an option. Ultraleather is not available on the Vectra. There are also different fixtures and different color fabric/tile/wood combinations. Asthetically, there are many upgrades, but I'm just wondering if there are any mechanical changes.

Thanks for all your help!!!

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
Old 01-06-2006, 06:41 PM   #30
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BigTrace:
.... but I'm just wondering if there are any mechanical changes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Typically Winnebago Industries does not usually differ mechanical components between sister models like the Horizon and Vectra or Adventurer and Suncruiser. It's mostly all in the exterior and interior coach features.

Some components may be standard on one model however I haven't seen where the same feature wasn't available as an option on the sister model unless it was something proprietary like mirrors.

Some features or options on Itasca units are just not available on the Winnebago brands but this basically has everything to do with coach features like the front overhead cap on the Itasca.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 03:36 AM   #31
Winnebago Owner

Some years the optional engine or chassis upgrade of the Winnebago line is standard on the Itasca line.

Paul
ppeter313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 08:37 AM   #32
Winnebago Owner

Yes, this info does exixt. I have the 2006 model comparisons sitting on my desk at work. From the Sunrise/Voyage models up there are a number of diiferences, but below that (sunova/sightseer, spirit/outlook etc) the main change it the finish of the cupboard doors.
The higher in the model lines you go, the more the differences.
zertrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:43 PM   #33
Winnebago Camper

Tom N:
Don't really care what your spec sheet says. All I can tell you is that mine came with the 5.7 varible. In fact, I'm on my third one. All bathroom fixtures are gold tone, the kitchen sink has the brushed stainless sink faucets. I don't have the stainless package for the fridge or stove etc.
Best regards....
Old 01-07-2006, 02:08 PM   #34
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Don't really care what your spec sheet says. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then Winnebago's ,04 brochure is incorrect and Winnebago's '04 Vectra/Horz comparison sheet is also incorrect. And what I observed when the '04s were introduced was incorrect. Since all Winnebago's documentation is incorrect it makes no sense for me to make further comments on this subject.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:19 PM   #35
Winnebago Camper

You're right Tom N: Don't get stressed over it. Every spec sheet brochure I've ever seen has had dissclaimer noted as to accuracy etc. as they reserve the right to make changes at any time.
Great conversation...
Old 01-07-2006, 04:06 PM   #36
Winnebago Master

I probably let it go a little too far on my end. I followed the rust problems last fall and jumped back in a few days ago. Missed some conversation in between. Sorry.