Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2021, 09:15 AM   #21
Site Team

Some things are powered by the house batteries and other things by the chassis battery. Some of those chassis battery things are unexpected. I've never noticed that mine is powered by the chassis battery so I don't know.

When I store my RV I always turn off both - house and chassis battery. So, I've not run into anything such as this.

I do know that a few things, like power steps are powered even when both the house and chassis battery disconnects are turned off.
Old 04-24-2021, 09:52 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Some things are powered by the house batteries and other things by the chassis battery. Some of those chassis battery things are unexpected. I've never noticed that mine is powered by the chassis battery so I don't know.

When I store my RV I always turn off both - house and chassis battery. So, I've not run into anything such as this.

I do know that a few things, like power steps are powered even when both the house and chassis battery disconnects are turned off.
I would agree that if I ever store my RV, I will ALWAYs ensure, no shore power and the USE/STORE switch set to STORE. I had the Winnebago Dealer install my Chassis Disconnect switch after the purchase. I use them all the time on my boat, and I never have drain issues.

However with respect to this question I am now puzzled more than ever. While the steps continue to work with everything is shutdown, the power to cable / antenna switch goes OFF once both the Chassis & House switches are disconnected (open); NOT either or

I will try to find my wiring diagram from Winnebago. I just want to know why. I may learn something.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 10:47 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

I pulled the wiring diagrams.

If I read it right, it only shows 110 v going into that AV Cabinet

I can see the wall plate / power supply in AV cabinet but nothing to clearly show what is feeding it and why to shut it down, both batteries must be disconnected?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Battery Installation.pdf (444.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: pdf Body 12v wiring.pdf (2.39 MB, 20 views)
File Type: pdf Body 110 volt wiring.pdf (2.03 MB, 41 views)
File Type: pdf TV_DVD Wiring Installation.pdf (853.7 KB, 18 views)
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 04-27-2021, 03:12 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

Update:

I talked with Winnebago today.

They state that the power to the Cable / Antenna should be off when placed in SHORE mode.

They had me check other things and we learned that I can turn the Inverter ON when in SHORE mode.

They state I should not be able to turn on Inverter if in SHORE Mode.

Of course they say I would need to take back to a Dealer to have them check. What the support person thought as possible issues was maybe backflow from the Chassis disconnect when it is ON ? If Chassis disconnect switch is OFF the Inverter nor the green light will come on.

He also mentioned it could be an issue with Battery relay connect?

Does this spring any ideas or thoughts on how to check?

Tags
antenna, light