Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2019, 08:18 PM   #61
Winnebago Camper

Installed left-hand armrest to Sprinter driver seat

Installed a left-hand armrest on the driver-seat. I had read elsewhere of somebody doing the same but I suspect theirs may have been an '06 or earlier. They seemed to say you could feel some kind of existing bracket beneath the upholstery that you could simply screw an armrest to.
I was unable to "feel" any bracket on my '08 seat-back and because I couldn't find "any" help online, I located a passenger front seat with a good arm-rest at a local junk yard to experiment on. With what I learned from that, I removed the driver seat from my van and set it in the shop. In hind site, I would suggest this particular project could be done while the seat is still in the van. You might have to stand on your head but I'm confident it's totally doable. Side note: My local MB dealer could have ordered a new arm-rest with the bracket but they wanted over $300. Dodge says those parts have been discontinued. My junkyard find was $30.
First thing was "unhooking" the bottom edge of the seat-back fabric. A small screwdriver seemed to work pretty good. It is not necessary to completely remove the seat-back upholstery. Just peel the upholstery up, far enough out of the way so you can push the foam aside to expose the side-rail of the seat-back frame. One of the photos is the arm-rest bracket that was removed from the junk-yard passenger seat. The 3 yellow markers point to factory made holes in the left side of the drivers seat-back where the bracket is suppose to go. This bracket was originally attached with 3 steel pop-rivets. All I had were aluminum ones so I used some nuts and bolts that I had on hand plus I added a couple more for good measure.
After the bracket's in-place you can re position the foam and fabric. There is a piece of cardboard in the back that was a bit of a challenge, so you may want to tape it in place when you're taking things apart. (save yourself some grief)
Once everything's back together you can now feel the square end of the bracket beneath the upholstery. I followed the square outline with an "exacto" knife to make a hole then bolted the arm-rest in place. Now, I can do all day long hauls with no more pain in the neck and left shoulder!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	089.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	213.8 KB
ID:	171413   Click image for larger version

Name:	104.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	240.3 KB
ID:	171414  

Click image for larger version

Name:	111.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	287.2 KB
ID:	171415   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0949.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	348.8 KB
ID:	171416  

dranoeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 09:44 AM   #62
Winnie-Wise

The first fix...of a new to me, one year old 1706FB

I had a OEM queen bed frame collapse, and had my selling dealer rebuild and bolster to my satisfaction and requirements. That behind me...looking to camp, and not 'camp out' at my dealer's service lot, lol. Let's hope so!
Sun_Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 07:05 PM   #63
Winnebago Owner

Replaced tail light assemblies

Replaced the tail light assemblies on my 2002 Winnebago 30B. The right side backup light bulb was out and the left side brake light was out. When I removed the lenses, I found that the lenses were heat damaged and the baseplates were in poor condition. I went online and found exact replacements for $8.15 each, so I replaced both units. Exact fit OEM parts including bulbs. Took less than an hour to remove old units and replace with the new ones. They look great. Part # B1D3492002 34-92-002 Bargman Trailer Light from RV& AutoParts.com.
jbrattain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 05:45 PM   #64
2016 View 24J Profile

Since first driving my 2016 View with halogen headlights I’ve been looking to upgrade the lights. I was hoping to be able to install LED bulbs but they will not fit the newer headlight unit.
So I just purchased and installed LED driving lights in the space available in the bumper. Just took my RV for a night drive and ‘holy cow’ what a dramatic improvement
I highly recommend installing auxiliary LED driving lights for greatly improved night time visibility
Old 12-27-2019, 08:06 AM   #65
Winnebago Vita 24P

Quote:
Originally Posted by dranoeL View Post
Installed a left-hand armrest on the driver-seat. I had read elsewhere of somebody doing the same but I suspect theirs may have been an '06 or earlier. They seemed to say you could feel some kind of existing bracket beneath the upholstery that you could simply screw an armrest to.
I was unable to "feel" any bracket on my '08 seat-back and because I couldn't find "any" help online, I located a passenger front seat with a good arm-rest at a local junk yard to experiment on. With what I learned from that, I removed the driver seat from my van and set it in the shop. In hind site, I would suggest this particular project could be done while the seat is still in the van. You might have to stand on your head but I'm confident it's totally doable. Side note: My local MB dealer could have ordered a new arm-rest with the bracket but they wanted over $300. Dodge says those parts have been discontinued. My junkyard find was $30.
First thing was "unhooking" the bottom edge of the seat-back fabric. A small screwdriver seemed to work pretty good. It is not necessary to completely remove the seat-back upholstery. Just peel the upholstery up, far enough out of the way so you can push the foam aside to expose the side-rail of the seat-back frame. One of the photos is the arm-rest bracket that was removed from the junk-yard passenger seat. The 3 yellow markers point to factory made holes in the left side of the drivers seat-back where the bracket is suppose to go. This bracket was originally attached with 3 steel pop-rivets. All I had were aluminum ones so I used some nuts and bolts that I had on hand plus I added a couple more for good measure.
After the bracket's in-place you can re position the foam and fabric. There is a piece of cardboard in the back that was a bit of a challenge, so you may want to tape it in place when you're taking things apart. (save yourself some grief)
Once everything's back together you can now feel the square end of the bracket beneath the upholstery. I followed the square outline with an "exacto" knife to make a hole then bolted the arm-rest in place. Now, I can do all day long hauls with no more pain in the neck and left shoulder!
Awsome job, What Dodge chassis or vehicle has that armrest.?
Old 12-27-2019, 10:13 AM   #66
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanO View Post
Since first driving my 2016 View with halogen headlights I’ve been looking to upgrade the lights. I was hoping to be able to install LED bulbs but they will not fit the newer headlight unit.
So I just purchased and installed LED driving lights in the space available in the bumper. Just took my RV for a night drive and ‘holy cow’ what a dramatic improvement
I highly recommend installing auxiliary LED driving lights for greatly improved night time visibility
From what I've read, there are some restrictive (and state-specific) legal issues involved in the use of auxiliary driving lights. In my state of CA, they can't be used alone or in conjunction with low-beam headlights, only with high-beam In AR, they must be original equipment. Your state of CT may be more permissive. More info can be found here:

https://law.justia.com/lawsearch?que...iving%20lights
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 10:41 PM   #67
2016 View 24J Profile

BobC thanks for the link.
Yes I was concerned about the need for better lighting and not blinding other drivers. The lights are mounted and aimed to illuminate the road immediately in front of the vehicle without blinding oncoming drivers. The test drive revealed not a single driver flashed us for too high lighting
Considering the need for others and my need for better lighting I feel I have served both interests equally well
Old 01-05-2020, 03:38 PM   #68
Winnebago Owner

Recently installed a full cover. Had gusty winds today so I checked and all is good.

FYI - Installation was just barely possible by myself. Three would have been best.
David_Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 06:11 PM   #69
Winnebago Vita 24P

Quote:
Originally Posted by dranoeL View Post
It clears the left door ok, how close it it?
Old 04-18-2020, 07:32 PM   #70
Winnebago Camper

Today, I cleaned a few spots on the carpet carpet. I’m getting really antsy to travel.
Charley67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 09:56 PM   #71
2019 Winnebago Sunstar 27

ddaudelin

I have a 27PE and I too wish to install a BlackTank flush (had one on my previous unit).
You mentioned you installed a valve. Can you tell me what valve you installed?
I also want to install an external shower wand in the wet bay for washing down the puppies.

Lowdie24
Lowdie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 09:43 AM   #72
Winnebago Camper

Unhappy

Hello! new to this site. I am a member of another forum but they are not specific to older Winne's. please bear with me as I try to learn the site. What i did yesterday was, drive all over creation looking for the whole unit that opens my only entry door, in a large and long thunderstorm ( most of the day).I went online and found out which RV centers that had a service dept where open. called on the phone no answer. all of the places I went to, the service deptments were closed.:banghead. one of the salemen at one particular place was drunk as a skunk. what i am looking for is the whole entry door mechanism ( handles and all) I removed it and took it with me thinking " this should be easy to find". nope. taped up the hole in door. inside handle came off long ago so I had ro get out by using a pair if needle nose plyers. that no longer works. tired of diving out a window head first. i have a Winne Itasca sunrise (1994 Ford 460). what am i going to do today?: trace the fuel line from tank to filter ( filter is miday on frame on drivers side) filter will not come of ( even with a ' quick disconnet tool'). ugh.
95winnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 10:57 AM   #73
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95winnee View Post
Hello! new to this site. I am a member of another forum but they are not specific to older Winne's. please bear with me as I try to learn the site. What i did yesterday was, drive all over creation looking for the whole unit that opens my only entry door, in a large and long thunderstorm ( most of the day).I went online and found out which RV centers that had a service dept where open. called on the phone no answer. all of the places I went to, the service deptments were closed.:banghead. one of the salemen at one particular place was drunk as a skunk. what i am looking for is the whole entry door mechanism ( handles and all) I removed it and took it with me thinking " this should be easy to find". nope. taped up the hole in door. inside handle came off long ago so I had ro get out by using a pair if needle nose plyers. that no longer works. tired of diving out a window head first. i have a Winne Itasca sunrise (1994 Ford 460). what am i going to do today?: trace the fuel line from tank to filter ( filter is miday on frame on drivers side) filter will not come of ( even with a ' quick disconnet tool'). ugh.
You might get a better response if you post this as a new post rather than on this thread. Also, the exact model of your Sunrise, ie. 27RO, 23RC, etc. would help. You also might want to contact Winnebago to see if they still carry a unit that might fit. Failing that, I would think that your door could be modified to fit a current, commercially available unit.

Here's a link to the 1994 Winnebago parts catalog. You can look up the part numbers for what you need. It looks like there are several parts involved.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:58 PM   #74
Winnebago Camper

💪🏿🌳we drove 40 miles and picked up a 7 ft. Tree for our back yard ! worked perfectly. Love our Fuse!
LuvWildlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 04:37 PM   #75
Winnebago Owner

Greased the kingpin shafts, very tight
Old 05-07-2020, 05:41 PM   #76
Winnebago Owner

Today we had the top, front fiberglass repainted. It's where the front clearance lights are. We have a 2004 Vectra 40AD. The top of the front cap was spalled or whatever you call it from years of driving, sun, rain whatever. We had it done in Forest City, IA at CDI. They are around the corner from Winnebago next to the 3M place.

We also, this week, had our old 3M front plastic film protector removed. It was in horrible condition and looked awful. The removal took 3 days, painting of roof line 1 day. Total cost $689. Very good price considering the labor hours they put into it. We love the new look.
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 07:01 AM   #77
Winnebago Camper

Hi Bob C. if I knew how to move the post I would. the link you posted disappeared. yet i found a site for a Winnebago parts supplier down the road from the factory. local RV centers have told Winnebago is closed due to the pandemic. thank you for the info.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:14 AM   #78
Winnebago Owner

Winnebago service center in Forest City is open. Visitors center is closed. Service center is very busy this past week and they have added a big tent with spaced out picnic tables in it so people can stay separated easier. We stayed in our car mostly and went on some hikes in a local park where we only saw one other person.
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 01:25 PM   #79
PRK
Winnebago Camper

My Boldt 70 BL didn’t come with a spare tire and there was no way to mount one underneath so I installed an Owl Vans rear door spare tire carrier this past weekend. Had to swap out the factory 270 degree door hinges for 180 degree hinges to make this work but I like the 180’s better. Today I installed a dimmer switch for the overhead ceiling lights which were too bright for comfort. Big improvement for lounging around comfortably. Next up is a third 115 watt roof solar panel.
PRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:45 AM   #80
Winnebago Camper

fuel pump removal

dropped the 75 gallon tank and removed the fuel pump . sounds simple right? next up : clean out tank. ( holiday weekend, my parts store is closed). RV was 8 inches up on wood blocks.

Tags
winnebago