Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2005, 09:13 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

We just spent $40 on a set of Corelle dishes for the Horizon we are planning on ordering next month. Only $200,000 left to go.

I need to get busy and cut down about three oak trees because we will be parking the coach at the back of the 2 1/2 acres we have. It's okay - there are about a hundred trees on the property!

You can check out the rear of the property from the webcam that is on-line: http://camerawebpage.com/jwc
We will park the coach in front of the barn that you can see (assuming I can get the beast back there.)

Cheers,

John
www.janeandjohn.org

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 09:13 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

We just spent $40 on a set of Corelle dishes for the Horizon we are planning on ordering next month. Only $200,000 left to go.

I need to get busy and cut down about three oak trees because we will be parking the coach at the back of the 2 1/2 acres we have. It's okay - there are about a hundred trees on the property!

You can check out the rear of the property from the webcam that is on-line: http://camerawebpage.com/jwc
We will park the coach in front of the barn that you can see (assuming I can get the beast back there.)

Cheers,

John
www.janeandjohn.org

Old 02-26-2005, 12:43 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

John, our coaches may be large, the biggest thing I've seen, a pink elephant, but never a beast. LOL. Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 08:53 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Unless you plan to do some fancy entertaing, have a dishwasher, or have a travel maid, leave the Corelle at home. Paper plates are well worth the price to cut down on time, effort, and gray water usage.

Always remember the first word in RV is recreation.

Walt
Old 02-28-2005, 09:58 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Walt, John will be full timing and while we use paper plates for our snacks and sandwiches on short trips. I find the real plates a nice touch to our full dinners. She washes, I dry. Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 10:59 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Gee Jim, Like you we use real plates, esspecially at night. We don't wash/dry them.

We just let the dog, lick them clean and put then away - saves a lot of water !

Aventa II Tow Bar/Apollo Braking
El Jeffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:52 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We just let the dog, lick them clean and put then away - saves a lot of water ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I guess that qualifies as a dishwasher - Gulp!!
Walt
Old 02-28-2005, 12:11 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

When we were out cruising in our sailboat, a rule of "cruising etiquette" was that when you were invited to another boat for dinner, you always took your own plates and tableware. Water was always a precious commodity and you didn't want your hostess to have more dirty dishes to worry about. Using paper products just created more trash which was always a problem when you were a long, long way from a dumpster. However we didn't have gray water storage to worry about (or black when you were out from shore.)

The other thing is we don't want to regularly eat on paper plates since we don't have the above problems to worry about - too much like going to Burger King ;-)

I almost hate to say it, but our current plans are to move from one nice resort to another with the occasional state/fed cground here and there. I don't intend for tank dumping to be an issue. Different strokes...

Wouldn't it be nice if my choice of dishes was the biggest issue I have to face in getting started RVing?

I have to thank everybody on the forum who have been very patient and accomodiating in helping me getting started.