Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

We found it --- 2008 Itasca 35J

Well after months of looking we've found a very nice 2008 Itasca Sunova 35J. We have given serious consideration to the Fleetwood Fiesta, Coachman Mirada and the Sunova. All things considered we prefer the 2008 used Sunova (28K miles) over a 2011 Coach Mirada. Quality on the Itaska seems better and we have always enjoyed our Winnebago so there is a comfort factor already with the Itasca product.

Not sure if we are getting a good deal (around $73K) but the purchase feels right so we are moving forward. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions? I know the 35J is a pretty popular model so I'm hoping to get some feedback.

We are excited about moving up to a Class A with bunks because we have 3 kids (11,9 & 7) and our Winnie Minnie is really cramped. Having a payment is scary but we always considered having an RV the same as having a second/vacation house so we can justify ad afford it.
GetnBusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:42 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

good luck with your new MH price really doesn't matter, if you feel good about it thats what counts. if you could save a few grand by taking second choice what would you gain; i have never been one to worry about the last few bux in your case it the first 70 that counts so just enjoy

brianj
Old 03-29-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Congrats! We love our J even though Grandson isn't with us as much as we'd like. The bunks make EXCELLENT storage areas. You're gonna like it. Holler if you have questions. Steve

PS: I don't know about the price thing. Gut feeling is that it is good.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:29 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetnBusy View Post
Well after months of looking we've found a very nice 2008 Itasca Sunova 35J. We have given serious consideration to the Fleetwood Fiesta, Coachman Mirada and the Sunova. All things considered we prefer the 2008 used Sunova (28K miles) over a 2011 Coach Mirada. Quality on the Itaska seems better and we have always enjoyed our Winnebago so there is a comfort factor already with the Itasca product.

Not sure if we are getting a good deal (around $73K) but the purchase feels right so we are moving forward. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions? I know the 35J is a pretty popular model so I'm hoping to get some feedback.

We are excited about moving up to a Class A with bunks because we have 3 kids (11,9 & 7) and our Winnie Minnie is really cramped. Having a payment is scary but we always considered having an RV the same as having a second/vacation house so we can justify ad afford it.
is it on a ford or wh chassis?
here are the nada values. they are usually way high. it will give you some idea of what used mohos are worth. a good place to start bargaining is about 50-60% of low retail value. do not add value for equipment and accessories.

2008 Itasca M-35J-FORD - 35' Standard Equipment, Prices & Specs - NADAguides

2008 Itasca M-35J-WORKHORSE - 35' Standard Equipment, Prices & Specs - NADAguides
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:26 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

sounds great....be aware some of the workhorse chassis have a recall - make sure its been taken care of BEFORE you take delivery! Major brake issue from what I've read. We're getting our 'new to us' 2008 35j Sightseer this weekend! Price sounds fair, we've been looking nation wide also & found them in the 07-08 range from $67k up to $90!
luvmygolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 12:28 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 2007 winnie 35J with 19,500 miles. Last November a dealer offered me $65k for it, so I would say $73K retail is in the right ball park. It's a great coach and you will love it. Congrats.
winnie35j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:07 AM   #7

WE have several in the chapters that we belong to . They all seem happy. There are W/H and Ford chassis, I'ts really no differance. . All I say is Join a Winnebago club/chapter. And that way you can get togather and discuss any missunderstandings or problems you may have; It's a good choice';;
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:39 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Funny, we have 3 kids same age as yours. We bought the 35J late last summer. Bunks are fantastic. We have never regretted our decision and the kids are excited to get it out of storage for the upcoming season. Enjoy.
Millerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

We love our 2008 35J! We used ours a bunch the first two years (over 400 days camping including two consecutive 3-month summer trips). It has worked well for our family of 4 and 3 dogs.

We almost sold our 35J this past winter due to lack of use after buying a new house and not having much time to use it. We decided that since we paid off the loan last summer we'd just wait for a while.

Glad we waited, last weekend we finally used it to drive visiting guests to some local sightseeing places and this weekend are in a beautiful state park in NW Florida. Next week I'm taking it on a 3-week business trip to Tennessee. We've had very few issues (all small) and think this is a great MH. Good luck!
emmmw is offline   Reply With Quote