Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2020, 08:40 AM   #1
Site Team

WBGO Praise + Everything New

The RV Miles YouTube channel attempts to be the place for news about RVs and the RV industry. Sometimes it's a great place to check things out.

I'm not a regular viewer of the channel but today RV Miles has a very good quick recap of ALL of the new Winnebago changes and announcements.

One great thing to see is that all of the new stuff is prefaced by a ringing endorsement of Winnebago's products, designs and factory. This kind of word of mouth is really great to see going out to the general RV public. It's good for WBGO and it's good for us owner's too.

The one niggle I have is that he extends his praise to WBGO dealers, too. Personally, and maybe I'm alone in feeling this way, but the vast majority of dealerships are not reliable and are not doing WBGO customers and owners anything worth praising. Of course, there are a few exceptions, just too few.

Check out the new video below:

Old 11-25-2020, 10:32 AM   #2
Site Team

I agree that getting a good dealer is worth a lot. I have been very happy with work at the Davis CA service only facility of La Mesa RV. Maybe it’s my advisor, George, that makes the difference.

I had to chuckle when RV Miles said the Horizon is Winnie’s top RV pusher....I don’t think they are making it any longer, right? That would make the new Journey their new top of the line (if you don’t count anything from Newmar).
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 11:23 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
I had to chuckle when RV Miles said the Horizon is Winnie’s top RV pusher....I don’t think they are making it any longer, right?
It's still on the website and in the 2 hr long live video program they mention it as the top of their line.

But are they still making it? That I do not know. One hiccup was how to get the Italian cabinetry... but WBGO bought the company and are using them for other furnishings now. I think they have opened a US office and everything.

Generally if it's on the website and not marked "Dealer Inventory Only" then it's still being made. And, these two things are true at the moment.
Old 11-26-2020, 12:35 PM   #4
Site Team

Great to know! I didn’t realize they started making it in Iowa! Thanks!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 01:33 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
I didn’t realize they started making it in Iowa! Thanks!
I hope I didn't say that definitely they are building them there, I meant to suggest that every indication is that they must be. Other than that... your guess is as good as mine.