Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2021, 01:02 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Previous MH was a Combo - never again. Present MH is a stackable and always used and we run the commercial refrigerator going down the road off the inverter.
Residential???
I agree 1000% with you Wayne. We go into laundry shock if we don't have our stackable in working order. An example of this is when the drum reversing timer relay failed on the dryer. Had to dry the close at mother-in-law's. Not a big problem because we are camping here. As the old saying goes. "Never leave home without them."
Old 03-18-2023, 12:35 PM   #22
2019 Sightseer 33C

I had a combo installed, then added a small, free-standing cabinet in the living room to make up for the loss of space. The only problem I have is that it takes way more than 90 minutes to dry a load.
Old 03-18-2023, 02:22 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_39 View Post
I had a combo installed, then added a small, free-standing cabinet in the living room to make up for the loss of space. The only problem I have is that it takes way more than 90 minutes to dry a load.
Could you be overloading it? Ours takes about 45, 50mins ..
SaltLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 11:34 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

That is a very common complaint. Load size definitely matters. But you also have to consider that when you have one appliance that performs two functions, it may not do either of them well. Or it may do one better than the other. I'm sure it came with load suggestions so try to follow those and see if your results improve.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 06:28 AM   #25
Winnie-Wise

Its was a game changer for us. Having owned numerous RV's over the past 40+ years, having a stackable w/d in this motorhome was a game changer. We find we haul a lot less clothing.

We do 1 load a day and carry less than 5 total changes of clothes each making for more room in the rig- and frankly could do with even less. We do not move lots of clothing into the rig, and then onto the house on departure and arrival at home. The wardrobe remains stable in the rig, each having our own chosen set of "RV clothes". Saves a boatload of $ of laundry expense. It would be hard for us to RV without a W and D now a days.
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 08:55 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanrascal View Post
Its was a game changer for us.
My wife didn't think it would be a big deal not having a w/d considering our 5th wheel didn't have one. That all changed with the motorhome. Now she loves it. Still packs a months worth of clothes tho...lol
SaltLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 01:59 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

We wouldn't want to be without ours; it's just so convenient. As an option, there are laundry services that offer pick up and delivery with 1-2 day turnaround. Great for large items like coats and sweaters, blankets, etc.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 03:20 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

indispensable! 2:25 minutes to wash and dry. Put in a load nearly daily and you can stay caught up. We do towels and linens once a week or so in the campground machines.
Not sure what we would do with the extra storage if we removed it. In spite of being a minimalist, I can guarantee you we are carrying 100's of pounds of crap we have not used on the nine months we have been on our adventure. Not sure I would need to carry anything else I won't use...
Old 03-19-2023, 08:44 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Always and NEVER.

We always use our stacked W/D and we'd never take it out for any reason.

It makes my wife so happy. She hated going to laundromats in our prior RVs.

Concur to all.
GrumpyVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 06:25 AM   #30
Winnebago Owner

We have the combo unit in our bus and love it. It took us a short time to learn how to use it effectively. We read the manual carefully and experimented with the different cycles it offers.
As others have stated, the load size really matters.It doesn't perform well with heavy loads.For example, when we wash the bed linens we wash one queen sheet and pillow case at a time. When we can, we use the lightly soiled wash cycle that takes 25 minutes. Then we use the timed dry cycle and it normally dries the load in about 30 minutes. Less than an hour and the load is done.
The combo unit also can be programmed to run the wash cycle and the dry cycle automatically. Load it up, run the combo program and go for a walk, eat lunch or take a nap and it's ready for the next load when you return.
Old 03-20-2023, 10:05 AM   #31
Winnie-Wise

One little thing we have learned over the years with our Splendide Combo unit is that the drying will go much faster if you run an extra spin cycle first. Yes, it is an extra manual step, but it really speeds the process. We do a small load every other day. And another thing to remember, you can wash a bigger load than you can dry. Perhaps divide a large wash load into two dryer loads. Sheets and pillow cases are the biggest load we do, but it works.