Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2020, 04:43 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Warranty Issues

We bought our beautiful red 30 RLSS bumper pull in October 2019. The couch was damaged and an exterior door to storage was warped. It is now late February 2020 and we still have the same problems. We have not used the trailer yet due to these issues. Winnebago Customer Care is involved but all I can say is I still have problems. I should have never left the lot with bad parts. We are on the verge of getting a lawyer. Any advice?

I am contemplating lighting up social media with names and dates. I don’t want to do this but we are getting the run around.
Donzi98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 07:46 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donzi98 View Post
I should have never left the lot with bad parts. We are on the verge of getting a lawyer. Any advice?

I am contemplating lighting up social media with names and dates. I don’t want to do this but we are getting the run around.
Unfortunately, this is a common refrain. We tell folks all the time to not sign any closing docs with things broken, inoperative or missing. Dealers assure people, “Don’t worry we’ll take care of all this stuff later, just sign here.” False.

My advice, and you may not like it, is to dump the dealer, work with WBGO to get the parts you need and replace them yourself or have WBGO pay an independent service person do the work.

Dealers sell. They don’t do much else (except lie?).
Old 02-22-2020, 08:07 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you. Winnebago will not ship the parts to me. That was the original agreement with the dealer, ship to me and I would do the work. After we got home and when checking on the parts I was told, sorry, Winnebago never ships directly to owners for warranty work. The dealer is about 3 hours away.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:10 AM   #4
Site Team

For warranty work you may need to have parts sent to you by the warranty service advisor at WBGO. They sent me a new water heater controller board under warranty for me to install myself.

They can also approve a local independent repair person to do the work and send you parts for that person to do the work.

Tell them your dealer isn’t getting the job done and you want to go another route.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:59 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago refuses to ship parts to me. I could easily do the work. This has been crazy bad customer service so far.
Old 02-23-2020, 07:26 AM   #6
'12 I.Ellipse 450 ISL

Quote:
We bought our beautiful red 30 RLSS bumper pull in October 2019. The couch was damaged and an exterior door to storage was warped. It is now late February 2020 and we still have the same problems. We have not used the trailer yet due to these issues. Winnebago Customer Care is involved but all I can say is I still have problems. I should have never left the lot with bad parts. We are on the verge of getting a lawyer. Any advice?

did you buy it used? Usually purchasing contracts for used products fall under the "you're buying As is." New purchases are another story. I would ck the Lemon laws of your state or state where you bought it. Also chech the Consumer Rights Act of 2015, to see if you have any other recourse. The buyers remorse laws wouldn't apply. HOWEVER if you paid by credit card, Visa and Master card guidelines hold vendors to such standards as to not "soil" the good rep and name of their credit card. If you're interested I'll tell you how to Dispute the charge/purchase. I don't want to write it all out, if you're not going to pursue it or not interested. This goes for ANY purchase you make with Visa or Master card.
Old 02-23-2020, 07:35 AM   #7
'12 I.Ellipse 450 ISL

Quote:
Winnebago refuses to ship parts to me. I could easily do the work. This has been crazy bad customer service so far.
I feel your pain. But a company will usually not send you stuff for warrantied work, because it has to be installed by a Licensed expert so as to not void the warranty. I had a water heater. It had to be installed by a Licensed Plumber, in fact he had to phone in his state license number. I told the guy that I can install it myself, he said no that would void the warranty and if it exploded it would be Their Ash on the line not mine.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:01 AM   #8
Site Team

According to Winnebago website, there is a WBGO service center near you.

AOK RV Sales & Service
621 N Main
Laurie MO 65037
573-374-8113

This is per the Service Locator on WBGO’s website.

I would guess that since they are an official repair facility for Winnebago that they would ship parts there. Google maps says this is close to you. Is it?

Their website says “ We can help you keep your Coachmen, Cruiser-RV, Forest River, Heartland, Keystone RV, Shasta, Winnebago and Thor Motor Coach vehicle in pristine condition!“
Old 02-23-2020, 08:50 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thank you. Good information. We bought it new and paid cash. I will check the Missouri Lemon laws.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:42 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Thank you. Good information. We bought it new and paid cash. I will check the Missouri Lemon laws.
Feel free to check, but it's pretty much a universal thing that it won't apply to your travel trailer.

Lemon Laws almost all apply to cars and motor vehicles and they only apply to vehicles that are un-driveable or unsafe to drive. Neither of which can apply to a Travel Trailer nor with the complaints you've mentioned. They don't even apply to most motorhomes with engines that you drive. Those laws were specifically designed for cars.

Best of luck. Don't give up. In my experience WBGO will work with you to get you taken care of. You may have to call a few times and talk to more people but all it will take is perseverance on your part to get the action you need.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:20 PM   #11
'12 I.Ellipse 450 ISL

Oooooh, this is a TT. Duh. I'm sooo soo sorry. I misunderstood. what a dunce. LOL. pls forgive.
Old 03-02-2020, 09:40 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Warranty issues are the worse . It took 5 months to get our GPS radio camera fixed on our 2018 Navion. It took dozens of call from us .
AMDLCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 03:36 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Thank you. They were unable to order the required parts. After 2 months I took a different route and dealer. All is good now.
Old 03-13-2020, 03:39 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Thank you all for the responses and help. We involved Winnebago Customer Service and after what I thought was an extended time, we have our warranty work done. Crazy experience. Thanks Hollie at Winnebago for her help.