Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2017, 02:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Warranty concerns!!!

I am buying my Minnie Winnie in Florida new!....Your feed back my friends on getting the warranty work when needed done in Texas....and on the road after September when I go full time...thank you in advance for your replies....
charlesperki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 02:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesperki View Post
I am buying my Minnie Winnie in Florida new!....Your feed back my friends on getting the warranty work when needed done in Texas....and on the road after September when I go full time...thank you in advance for your replies....
I can't speak to those states in particular but in general most dealers will take care of their customers first...customers who bought from them. those dealers won't refuse you warranty service...at least they shouldn't...but you may not be at the head of the line.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 02:58 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

we bought our new ace in a CW in Florida....they go out of their way NOT to do the work. We found a really great CW in Roseville CA..they go out of their way to make everything right!!!
Old 07-08-2017, 07:43 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Well, it depends on where you are holin' up while here in Texas. I can tell you for sure that if you are in North Texas, McClain's RV is the Winnebago dealer in the region. They are the closest dealer to me (South Fort Worth - shared with Camping World). I have an open recall on my dinette seatbelts. In April, they said that they couldn't do it until October. I have instead scheduled the recall at Crestview in Buda (just south of Austin), and they could get it done with a three week notice.
DryCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 05:32 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Minnie Winnie is a great choice...we love our new 31D and went to Forest City for 1 issue. Shouldn't be a problem and the rig isn't likely to spend much time in the shop.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:21 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

We've been lucky with our 2016 Journey 40R and have never had to take it back for warranty work. Now, that doesn't mean we haven't had some issues.

If you are going full time or like us on extended trips, we've found that mobile techs are the way to go. Winnebago will not pay the trip charge, but they will reimburse you for labor and parts. You may or may not have to get repairs authorized in advance. Winnebago will often send you the parts which you can install yourself or pay to install. In some cases, they will want the bad part returned. Some of the mobile techs we've used over the years are superior MacGyver kind of guys cause they've worked on everything. It's not like at a dealership where your rig disappears and you deal with a counter person. You look the tech in the eye and sometimes help with the repair.

Having to swallow the trip charge beats the heck out of being stranded at a dealership. You'll also save on fuel/gas which can often be a wash since drop off and pick up at a dealership requires driving two vehicles.
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 07:37 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Bought our coach inTX & immediately drive it to VA. Had warranty there and many other locations around the country. Was never told no, and never put off indefinitely. For me, it was more difficult to find a competent service dept than to get warranty service.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:15 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Tom's Mobile RV out of Ft Myers is excellent.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:36 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Glad to hear you comment on CW. Mine is there now having Jacks installed. Fingers crossed..
1953Tbm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty