Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2020, 11:09 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Vista LX front shade

The powered front window shade on my 2017 vista lx only come half way down. I can’t find nything about it in the manual. Any thoughts on how to fix it
BrianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 11:23 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

You should have a second manual of supplemental documents in your Winnebago documents bag that came with the RV. There should be the manual for the front shade in there. Hopefully there will be a trouble shooting section. I don't have the front shade on my 2015 Vista so can't advise further. Good luck.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 11:44 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks. Haven’t found manual on window shade anywhere. I have every other manual. After posting I found YouTube video on MCD shades and it talked about using shade as sun visor while driving and only coming part way down. I then realized I had engine running while I was checking things out this morn. I went back out and shade works fine if engine is shut off. Guess in 3 years I had never tried shade while engine was running.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:37 PM   #4
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
Thanks. Haven’t found manual on window shade anywhere. I have every other manual. After posting I found YouTube video on MCD shades and it talked about using shade as sun visor while driving and only coming part way down. I then realized I had engine running while I was checking things out this morn. I went back out and shade works fine if engine is shut off. Guess in 3 years I had never tried shade while engine was running.
Here’s the MCD manual for powered and manual shade adjustments. You can also change how far the shade will come down for when driving into the sun.

The reason for the stop feature with ignition is on is in case of a malfunction, it won’t close while your driving.
http://mcdinnovations.com/files/Ownersmanual031318.pdf
Old 06-06-2020, 01:29 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks. Makes sense