Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2018, 04:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Vacuum pump noise under the hood.

I am a newcomer. I am on the RV Forum group. I was referred to this forum by a member from the RV forum. You have a great thread on "Pump nose under the hood" but it is very old and no longer can u reply. I have checked all hoses and connections that everyone on the forum suggested.
Smiranger indicated that when the Heat/AC control is in the off position, his pump runs continuously. Mine runs for 3-4 seconds,shuts off for 3-4 second cycles. Smiranger said that if he swtched to any other position the pump shuts off, mine does that also. He thought it might be the control. Smiranger if you are still on this forum could you address what was your problem or any body elses help would be appreciated before I take it into the shop. I know the control panel is made by Evans Tempcon. I am going to call them and see if you must buy the panel at over $400 or can you buythe controls separately.
Thanks, Lou Gaudin
[email protected]
lougaudin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 04:29 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Actually, you should be able to reply to that old thread--you just need to check the box down in the lower left corner that acknowledges it's an old thread but you still want to reply.

Are you sure you checked the green and blue air lines?

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 04:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

The tread is 3750 days old. It says I can't respond to it. Saw no box to check off. I did check blue and green hoses. Could not find and slits or damage.
lougaudin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:33 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

The under hood vacuum pump, to my knowledge, is like all vacuum pumps. It sucks down to the appropriate vacuum and quits. Now, if there is a vacuum leak, it will run continuously when you switch your dash control to a function where there's a leak in the vacuum hose. If you have several leaks, well, you can imagine.

Basic operation of the dash controls requires a bit of vacuum to actuate a vacuum device. Once it's actuated, the vacuum should hold it in position...unless there's a leak.

So what you should be looking for, are leaks in the hoses. On my rig, and my friends rig, there's a vacuum actuator on the outside firewall under the hood where the elements had caused dry rot in the vacuum hose. It was easy to find because it was loose and just hanging there in both our cases. Fixing that with a short piece of 1/8" vacuum hose from Autozone fixed both problems.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noise