Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2019, 07:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

TPMS

What do other owners recommend for a Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS. I want a reliable system that includes 10 sensors (RV and dingy)
llcrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:13 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quite a few good options out there. We run the EEZRV TPMS. They are out of Yuma Az and have top drawer service and tech support.

As you, we run ten sensors. Since we usually flat tow our Ranger, and occaisionally dolly tow our Camry XLE, we like the ease of reprogramming the aft four sensors to use on the Ranger, or move them to the dolly and Camry rear tires.

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 03:10 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

tpms

we have the tst 507 color model. works perfect. I us a dolly so we have 10 sensors.
mdka99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 08:34 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

My TST TM-507, 10 sensor system was delivered yesterday from Techno RV. I preferred the color display and a repeater is included. Also found a TechnoRV coupon code for a discount. I installed the repeater yesterday and plan to get the sensors done today. Only glitch is the front wheels, the opening in the wheel cover won't allow the cap sensor to fit even with the anti theft removed. Glad I didn't figure on a flow through sensor since they are larger yet. Ordered a set of extenders with 3 different angles to try to fix the issue without trimming the wheel cover. We shall see...
Old 04-02-2019, 09:15 AM   #5
Site Team

Add me to the EEZrv 10 sensor group. It saved our asses in New Mexico when a tire was cut on the toad. It instantly started yelling at me that we lost tire pressure. At that point in time the entire system paid for itself in spades!
Old 04-02-2019, 10:34 AM   #6
Site Team

Add me as a +1 on the EEZrv fans list. Works great.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:34 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

If you use valve extenders, make sure they are well secured so your sensors don't flop around or vibrate excessively. Personally I had Borg, metal extended valve stems installed in place of the original stems.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 12:21 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
If you use valve extenders, make sure they are well secured so your sensors don't flop around or vibrate excessively. Personally I had Borg, metal extended valve stems installed in place of the original stems.
Do they have a bend to extend them out of the wheel covers? My problem would only be worse if the stems were extended straight.

I've had backwards curved extenders on the outer rears for 18K miles with no problems at all, no leaks, etc. Snugged them up with some pliers. Good advice though, I've read of folks having problems with them.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:26 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

The extended valve stems are specific to each particular chassis and wheel size so you'll have to research what's available for your's. The ones for my Workhorse are bent. They also come with a rubber stabilizer plug that fits in the hole in the rim.

The nice thing about the "extended valve stems" vs. "valve extensions" is that there's no fitting to loosen between the extension and the stem. The wheels do need to be removed for installation but the tires stay on the rim while they compress the bead to gain access to the inside end of the valve stems. I've read where some posters have posted that they were able to get this done at a reasonable price so shop around the truck tire shops as opposed to RV dealers or CW. Of course, the optimum time to install them would be when you're buying new tires.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:47 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompwil View Post
My TST TM-507, 10 sensor system was delivered yesterday from Techno RV. I preferred the color display and a repeater is included. Also found a TechnoRV coupon code for a discount. I installed the repeater yesterday and plan to get the sensors done today. Only glitch is the front wheels, the opening in the wheel cover won't allow the cap sensor to fit even with the anti theft removed. Glad I didn't figure on a flow through sensor since they are larger yet. Ordered a set of extenders with 3 different angles to try to fix the issue without trimming the wheel cover. We shall see...

We also have the TST 507 color monitoring system and love it. The repeater that came with our unit had a very bright red light that stayed on all the time unless I activated the 12v battery disconnect. I added a simple push on - push off switch next to the repeater so I could shut it off, particularly at night. If you don't want to go to that much trouble, just place some black tape on it.

As for extensions for the front tire sensors, one of the "old heads" here mentioned on a similar TPMS thread that one should be careful about using the extensions because it might make the sensors susceptible to curb strikes. After looking at mine I must agree and will rework them to put the sensors closer to the wheel covers.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:51 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeagle View Post
We also have the TST 507 color monitoring system and love it. The repeater that came with our unit had a very bright red light that stayed on all the time unless I activated the 12v battery disconnect. I added a simple push on - push off switch next to the repeater so I could shut it off, particularly at night. If you don't want to go to that much trouble, just place some black tape on it.

As for extensions for the front tire sensors, one of the "old heads" here mentioned on a similar TPMS thread that one should be careful about using the extensions because it might make the sensors susceptible to curb strikes. After looking at mine I must agree and will rework them to put the sensors closer to the wheel covers.
I'll watch for the curb clearance for sure. Thanks

I wired the repeater by tapping into into the charge wire on the round seven plug at the hitch. It's switched on/off with the ignition through a relay on our coach. Mounted the repeater slightly behind the rear axle and off to the drivers side as recommended by the STS tech support guy. Tested it yesterday and was reading the toad while it was parked 15 feet behind the coach. So far, so good...

Edit: As a side note, I love the color display. It's very sharp & clear and easy to read with the contrasting colors. Have to check it out after dark to see how the light sensor thing works at night. Two thumbs up
Old 04-03-2019, 11:23 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

I happen to also like the TST 507. No color display as mine is 5+ years old. I had to add the repeater a couple years as something in this rig is interfering with the signal.
Truckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 01:50 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Initially I bought the original model with the LCD display. It was adequate and did its job, but the newer color display is much easier to read at a glance.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:17 AM   #14
Veteran RV Owner

Add me to the EEZRV TPMS! Use 6 sensors on the coach and it works great.
armullis59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 02:01 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

EEZRV TPMS 10 sensors (6 on RV, 4 on Toad). Works great. Installed valve extension on front RV wheels so anti theft sensors could be used.
Catawampus34 is offline   Reply With Quote