Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2022, 12:56 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Too cold?

Got a used 2017 vista 35 lx on September, haven't been any where in it yet. Getting to go to TX. Next week so moved it out of port, by the way its ZERO outside today. Got engine going and let it run for over 20 minutes gages on dash told me it was warm so I turned on heat, NO HEATER WHAT SO EVER, bummer. My thought is its so cold maybe actuator for heat might be stuck or something along that line. Just asking if anyone else may have had an issue like mine. Definitely to cold to even think about looking around for issues.
Quickuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 03:32 PM   #2
Site Team

Could you tell us which heater you're talking about? The dash heat? I ask because you also have a propane furnace on the RV.

If you mean dashboard heater - it's basically a car for dash heat/AC. So, when a car won't provide heat via the dash board heater there are a handful of items it can be:
1. Engine Thermostat - stuck open so it doesn't heat the engine coolant
2. Problems with the dashboard controls that control the temp
3. Leaks in hoses or the heater radiator behind the dashboard

Could be low on coolant, too. I guess

If you mean the propane furnace - do you have propane and is it turned on?
Old 02-24-2022, 11:56 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Yes the dash heater, yes its full of coolant. Radiator hose get hot. Gage shows normal engine temp, the control for vent, defrost, floor vet is working properly. Its still very cold outside. Thank goodness we will leave on Tuesday and it'll be 50s.
Old 02-24-2022, 12:54 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Good news on the heater issue, it finally got to 20 degrees today and the heat from heater is working. I can only assume the door for heat was on a bind due to below zero temp.
Old 03-03-2022, 04:40 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickuc View Post
Good news on the heater issue, it finally got to 20 degrees today and the heat from heater is working. I can only assume the door for heat was on a bind due to below zero temp.
Keep an eye on it. The heater core may be malfunctioning and could go bad at any time.
Trend_Owner is offline   Reply With Quote