Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNIEOWNERS COMMUNITY FORUMS > Winnebago General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-13-2020, 01:43 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

The 'Pied Piper' post...

When I bought my 2018 1706FB in Sept, 2019, I got so ribbed by one of our camping best friends...whereby he and his wife, always camp with us at least three times per summer/fall. The both of us had tents.

Well, when I went to the 1706FB...boy, did I get a ribbing...like "oh...the old guy needs his comfort...oh...the old guy doesn't want to walk to the bathroom...oh the old, guy...blah, blah, blah" LOL!

I took the ribbing in good stride. I also (obviously in my body language, speech, discussion, BIG FAT SMILE ALWAYS ON MY FACE, rain or shine) was un-awares, influencing he and his wife.

I called today, to chat it up with the both of them...you know...up-to-speed stuff...and found out that he was at his father's farm's barn...cleaning it out. I asked his wife...why for?

She did a pregnant pause...and then...said...he/we is/are buying a 2019 Winnebago 2106FBS off of a dealer's used-inventory, and is making room for a permanent inside storage. I said "oh...really....and what about Tent Man...and how I have grown camping-soft...needing my creature comforts like a three piece private bathroom...and such.."

She just belly-laughed...and said that since you bought that Winnebago...it's all that he's been talking about, anytime the subject of camping comes up. So...the next time we get together...there will be two Winnies, site side by site side.

Being men...I just hope we don't get into, my shower stall is bigger than YOUR shower stall!!!! You know...men....

"So...the tent is retired?"

"Yep...it appears that way!!!"

"Congrats", I said...and put down the phone smiling. It just goes to show, how friends actions or buying decisions, do get mirrored on the other half of the friendship circle! I wish them many years of T.T. ownership enjoyment and usage there of!
Sun_Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 02:44 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

My wife thinks roughing it is when there is no Walmart nearby!
Enjoy your travels and remember, The Journey is the Destination.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 02:53 PM   #3
Site Team

LOL, you should call him up tonight and say you traded the camper for a HUGE class A. Just to see what sort of reaction you get.

Better yet have your wife call like she's all p!ssed at you for finding out that he got a bigger camper so you went out and bought... That should be good for a laugh or too as well.
Old 08-13-2020, 09:48 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I like Thom's idea.
Send him this picture and tell him it is what you bought for a good deal - make something up. Tell him, "Beat that!"
My signature line says what it is. You can look it up for specifications and inside pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Beauty2.jpeg
Views:	79
Size:	716.9 KB
ID:	174586  
Old 08-13-2020, 11:25 PM   #5
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Seeker View Post
When I bought my 2018 1706FB in Sept, 2019, I got so ribbed by one of our camping best friends...whereby he and his wife, always camp with us at least three times per summer/fall. The both of us had tents.

Well, when I went to the 1706FB...boy, did I get a ribbing...like "oh...the old guy needs his comfort...oh...the old guy doesn't want to walk to the bathroom...oh the old, guy...blah, blah, blah" LOL!

I took the ribbing in good stride. I also (obviously in my body language, speech, discussion, BIG FAT SMILE ALWAYS ON MY FACE, rain or shine) was un-awares, influencing he and his wife.

I called today, to chat it up with the both of them...you know...up-to-speed stuff...and found out that he was at his father's farm's barn...cleaning it out. I asked his wife...why for?

She did a pregnant pause...and then...said...he/we is/are buying a 2019 Winnebago 2106FBS off of a dealer's used-inventory, and is making room for a permanent inside storage. I said "oh...really....and what about Tent Man...and how I have grown camping-soft...needing my creature comforts like a three piece private bathroom...and such.."

She just belly-laughed...and said that since you bought that Winnebago...it's all that he's been talking about, anytime the subject of camping comes up. So...the next time we get together...there will be two Winnies, site side by site side.

Being men...I just hope we don't get into, my shower stall is bigger than YOUR shower stall!!!! You know...men....

"So...the tent is retired?"

"Yep...it appears that way!!!"

"Congrats", I said...and put down the phone smiling. It just goes to show, how friends actions or buying decisions, do get mirrored on the other half of the friendship circle! I wish them many years of T.T. ownership enjoyment and usage there of!
Camped with my family in a 12 1/2’ (Terry) trailer—five of us and we traveled all of the country including Alaska. When I was in my teens I backpacked all through Northern California. Now I’m in my 60s and it’s time for the RV because it fits the bill for my wife’s elation to stay in a hotel in my mind, to get out to the wilderness. Compromise. Like I’ve said before happy wife happy life.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	23B2E6AD-0ECC-41AB-A7C1-FAAFDEACCB32.jpeg
Views:	64
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	174587  
Old 08-14-2020, 10:34 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Thom and Wayne, can you both come over to my house, and park BOTH your units (btw...great looking the both of them!) on my driveway...and I'll invite him over for a beer...and then when he says; "TWO?!?!?!?!?" I'll deprecate with a wave off..and say; "Yeah...well, they are both so nice..well...dag nabbit...she and I just couldn't choose...so...uh,..you see the result... BTW...both have a honkin' HUGE shower stall, ya know?"....
Old 08-14-2020, 10:43 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Camped with my family in a 12 1/2’ (Terry) trailer—five of us and we traveled all of the country including Alaska. When I was in my teens I backpacked all through Northern California. Now I’m in my 60s and it’s time for the RV because it fits the bill for my wife’s elation to stay in a hotel in my mind, to get out to the wilderness. Compromise. Like I’ve said before happy wife happy life.
We had a 19 footer in the early 70's...with the kids (3) and then, sold that 5 years later..and went to a 12 person tent (you know the 12 person tent they sell, that only comfortably sleeps 5..you know...that one...) and that was our camp-de-choice until last September buying the 1706FB. My wife LOVES IT! Loves the Queen...LOVES the three piece bathroom...and LOVES that 8 Cubic 'fridge with a monster freezer that actually...truly,...really, FREEZES ICE-CREAM! with it being 85-90 F outside!!!! She loves it all...so I'm her Camping Hero since Sept, last...lol! I'm sure my buddie's wife will echo the same...certainly when they turn on that 13,500 BTU air conditioner...come a humid day/night...especially the nights for sleeping... Yep, he'll be the sparkle in her eyes...!
Old 08-14-2020, 10:44 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Seeker View Post
Thom and Wayne, can you both come over to my house, and park BOTH your units (btw...great looking the both of them!) on my driveway...and I'll invite him over for a beer...and then when he says; "TWO?!?!?!?!?" I'll deprecate with a wave off..and say; "Yeah...will they are both so nice..well...dag nabbit...she and I just couldn't choose...so...well...you see the result... BTW...both have a honkin' HUGE shower stall, ya know?"....

I have a better idea, you take mine and I'll take Wayne's...
Old 08-14-2020, 10:53 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomB View Post
I have a better idea, you take mine and I'll take Wayne's...
ROTFLMBO! LOLOLOLOL! "Ok...deal...work out the details with him!"

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Cheers n' beers!
Old 08-14-2020, 10:21 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Did you know that my wife was also in the Marine Corps. Please do deal with her!!
Old 08-15-2020, 06:02 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Did you know that my wife was also in the Marine Corps. Please do deal with her!!
Not on your life....mine's NOT in the Marine Corps...and it feels for the past 35 years...that she is the D.I. of what's what...lol! Glad she loves the 1706FB!

"Husband...DO YOU HEAR ME, boy?!? ...."

"Yes Ma'am!"....

"good...."....

*she'd kill me, if she saw this un-true comical representation....oh yeah...glad she is not into forum reading.... LOL! She is a doll!

(living dangerously...on the edge...).....
Old 08-15-2020, 09:36 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

I have a plaque on the wall and it says:

"I am master of this house. Whatever my wife says shall be done."

I don't know how I put up with her for 59 years. That's my side of the story.

Nope, she doesn't read this forum.
Old 08-15-2020, 05:54 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
I have a plaque on the wall and it says:

"I am master of this house. Whatever my wife says shall be done."

I don't know how I put up with her for 59 years. That's my side of the story.

Nope, she doesn't read this forum.

"Oh..so you live dangerously on the edge too, huh?"
Old 08-16-2020, 09:00 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

Nah! Not at all. Dangerously would be if she read the thread!
Old 08-16-2020, 07:21 PM   #15
Winnie-Wise

Thumbs up

Quote:
Nah! Not at all. Dangerously would be if she read the thread!
LOL!
Old 08-19-2020, 05:04 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Hang on.....

Don't pack that tent away.
It's great if some folks want to go with you, but you don't want them to be TOO comfortable......
Old 08-19-2020, 05:15 PM   #17
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAk View Post
It's great if some folks want to go with you, but you don't want them to be TOO comfortable......
"Oh...we're covered in that department, for we have decided (and I have already done it...) to glue and set the dinette table to the two pole supports and they, into the support receptacle...so we don't have to drop the dinette for travel so as to not damage the table or anything it would hit if jumping out ('cause it was set up...and we hit a good bump!) It's nice to be travelling, and just pull over into a service centre, pop open the 'fridge, get food and drink...relax sitting at the Dinette, and then be on our way once more, with the table always ready to accommodate us. So....our 1706FB is now TRULY...a couple trailer..two people on the Queen...and everybody else scrambles to find their sleeping arrangements, lol. You're right..we won't get rid of the tent, just for when the kids and rugrats, decide to show up for a weekend! Right you are, sir!" If we decided to sell or trade in...I used a cool epoxy, that has a softening agent, that will allow myself to pull both ends of the tube supports out of the underside of the table, and the end which fits into the floor receptacles. So, covered with ownership, and when if, we decide to sell/trade at some time in the future. I doubt that will happen though, for the 1706FB suits us so perfectly...in tow, size, and driveway parking at home.
Old 08-21-2020, 10:04 PM   #18
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAk View Post

All of our RV's had this in common:

Drinks for six!
Dinner for four!
Sleeps two!